Photo
- - - - -

PTI's opening quote

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,660 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

Let's just have our Panthers continue to do their job and win their way to a Lombardi and Kornheiser can jack-off to his Tony Romo fathead poster all he wants.

#32 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:55 PM

Cowboys are not consistent winners. They have a large fanbase and that's why they're getting this amount of coverage.

Bingo. This won't change. Better to accept it and enjoy our team and what they do on the field. Talking heads don't change anything.

#33 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

I thought the Steelers had bigger fan base.

#34 KAYA

KAYA

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

It's simple. As of right now, we are 108-114 as a franchise. We will NOT be mentioned in the same breath with Dallas (who has close to 60% win record all time) until we PROVE ourselves to be the winners that they are. Don't get me wrong, I HATE the cowPUKES, but I do understand why we don't get the airtime they get. They are a winning franchise, and over the history of that team, they consistently prove to be winners. In the grand scheme of the NFL, we are merely up and comers with a lot of potential. I believe over time we will get there, though.

Then how do you explain the Saints?

And when's the last time the Cowboys have won a playoff game? I mean this isn't ESPN Classic he's complaining about.

#35 Delhomeboy

Delhomeboy

Wage Slave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

I thought the Steelers had bigger fan base.

The steelers are actually good. And I think the Cowboy fanbase, overall, is bigger.

#36 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:14 AM

I hate the cowboys as much as anybody, but that was a defensive clinic they put on eli yesterday...hard to get mad about them pointing that out

:smilielol5: Hardy they just knew that he didnt have Jacobs and the Giants are just not the same without him. Really they were lucky to get the win becasue its was very close and Romo was stinking up the place.

#37 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

Or we need to have somebody on our team shoot themselves or attempt to dismantle the team chemistry by talking too mucn.

They did, he's in NY now. :)
I like when Korny says something SO UBER ANNOYING that you can tell in the tone of Jaws' voice he wants to bitch slap him. Or when he comes out with some total non sequitur and there's dead silence from the other two then Tirico just continues the play by play.

#38 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

It's about TV ratings. That's why we're bombarded with the Mannings, Favre, Brady and the Cowboys. All this Cowboy drama gives the networks a hard on. These are the teams and guys the NFL pushes as the face of the league, and who you see in Prime time.
Expect to see Matt Ryan to join this list soon.
That being said I have no idea why we we were subjected to the Cleveland Browns 3 times on Monday Night football. :P

#39 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:24 AM

What does it matter if the cowboys won some championships several years ago?

Dallas hasn't won a post-season game since we broke Michael Irvin's shoulder in 1996.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com