56 replies to this topic

#16 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

Does this really deserve to be in the Smack Forum? I'm considering creating a candy canes and cotton candy forum so I can move this thread therein

#17 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

I hereby deem this smack thread as "FAIL"

#18 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:54 PM

How in hell can a thread fail that get's a triple response from dimee? HA HA HA!!!! It knows that the jest of the thread in on the money.

#19 TheCardiacCats

TheCardiacCats

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:24 AM

Funny part is I am a panthers fan but I should be a Dolphins fan, I live in South Florida, but the Dolphins are my second favorite.

#20 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,136 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:05 AM

WTF are you even doing withat pic on your CPU, Meangelo? :smash:

#21 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:37 AM

I must say, though, that seeing how virulent you are in your protestations

I can't hate anyone who can use the word "virulent"...and correctly too.

:cool:

#22 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:37 AM

I, personally, think people that were fans of a team prior to 1993, then threw away their allegiance like a candy bar wrapper to support the Panthers are nothing more than good for nothing turncoats who don't know what allegiance truly is. They're like hookers, see...

It burns you up, doesn't it- that I would be down in the dumps one week should my Bears miss the playoffs but still be celebrating the next week because the Panthers might have moved on in the playoffs, huh?

Help me understand. In your view, a 100% shift in loyalty and support to a new, and in most cases local team, is traitorous and contemptible. Swapping on a weekly basis is okay and you get to avoid the downs associated with a 100% committment to a franchise that failed.

#23 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:53 AM

Funny part is I am a panthers fan but I should be a Dolphins fan, I live in South Florida, but the Dolphins are my second favorite.

No problem there either.

#24 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

Help me understand. In your view, a 100% shift in loyalty and support to a new, and in most cases local team, is traitorous and contemptible.

Yes, exactly. What kind of true "fan" so willfully and easily throws aside their supposed allegiance to a team at the drop of a hat? I question their claim as a "fan" of the first team.

Swapping on a weekly basis is okay and you get to avoid the downs associated with a 100% committment to a franchise that failed.

No, I don't think that's ok. Who does that? On a weekly basis? Naaaa... that's just riding a bandwagon and has nothing to do with being a fan of a team

#25 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:22 PM

How in hell can a thread fail that get's a triple response from dimee? HA HA HA!!!! It knows that the jest of the thread in on the money.

I'm trying to cobble together an understanding of your caveman speak here... and failing... like your thread

I do agree this is a "jest" of a thread

#26 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:10 PM

come on over....we'd love to have you :D

#27 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:44 PM

Frankly I'm surprised to find the number of Panthers only fans I see on this site.

So what exactly did you do before 1995?
I'm pretty sure everybody here is over 13 years old, right?
Also going to assume you have always liked NFL football, right?

So that pretty much tells me you USED to be a fan of another team.
Now you aren't.

So.....as Dimbee correctly points out you can either be considered a turncoat to the team you used to root for, or completely loyal to your region of origin.
Both situations have their merits.

Personally I simply can't imagine rooting for any other team than the Bears, but I do root for the Redskins because my wife is from that area and I always disliked their rival the Cowboys. Root for in the sense that I like to see the 'skins do well, but I'm not what anyone would consider a "fan".

So again, I'm surprised that I don't see more fans like Dimbee, that remained loyal to the team they first had allegiance to, and I think your scorn is misplaced.

Some might even argue YOU are the one to be looked down on, depending on former allegiance or lack thereof.

Just sayin'.

Edited by Epistaxis, 17 December 2008 - 01:47 PM.

#28 Cover2

Cover2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

srry you only cheer for 1 team more then one your just band wagoner

fairweather fan go wtih who ever is hot loser.

#29 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

srry you only cheer for 1 team more then one your just band wagoner

fairweather fan go wtih who ever is hot loser.

half of my brain fell out of my skull after reading that sorry excuse of a sentence......

2 sentences?

#30 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

Frankly I'm surprised to find the number of Panthers only fans I see on this site.

So what exactly did you do before 1995?
I'm pretty sure everybody here is over 13 years old, right?
Also going to assume you have always liked NFL football, right?

So that pretty much tells me you USED to be a fan of another team.
Now you aren't.

So.....as Dimbee correctly points out you can either be considered a turncoat to the team you used to root for, or completely loyal to your region of origin.
Both situations have their merits.

Personally I simply can't imagine rooting for any other team than the Bears, but I do root for the Redskins because my wife is from that area and I always disliked their rival the Cowboys. Root for in the sense that I like to see the 'skins do well, but I'm not what anyone would consider a "fan".

So again, I'm surprised that I don't see more fans like Dimbee, that remained loyal to the team they first had allegiance to, and I think your scorn is misplaced.

Some might even argue YOU are the one to be looked down on, depending on former allegiance or lack thereof.

Just sayin'.

Grew up a Dolphins fan. Lived in South Florida for a time when I was in elementary school and my first pro game was MNF Dolphins-Patriots in 1979. I have lived in SC since 80 and claimed the Panthers as my team from the day the team was announced. Now I am a Panthers fan and I merely follow the Dolphins from a distance. The way I see it, the 'Fins are AFC and I'm no longer what I would call a "fan". That ain't "turncoat", that's just reality and it makes sense to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com