Photo
- - - - -

Acc blows!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

what a disaster the ACC is in right now

VT hung with a top 5 program sure, but their offense with the exception of Ryan Williams looked atrocious at times....That man is a complete badass that can run through people, if Wilson is anything that he is hyped up to be the Hokies will have a scary rushing attack.

- VT Losing to Bama
- NCSU losing to USC
- Wake got it handed to them by Baylor (What has happened to Skinner, I thought he was one of the best ACC QBs, but not anymore)
- California destroying Mayland
- Richmond putting it to Duke again
- And the Grandaddy of them all UVA laying down for William & Mary (I mean we all knew UVA was going to struggle this year, but W&M?? Really?? If Groh still has his job next week I will be shocked)

I am one of the biggest ACC fans around, but damn does the ACC look really, REALLY weak right now

#2 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

what a disaster the ACC is in right now

VT hung with a top 5 program sure, but their offense with the exception of Ryan Williams looked atrocious at times....That man is a complete badass that can run through people, if Wilson is anything that he is hyped up to be the Hokies will have a scary rushing attack.

- VT Losing to Bama
- NCSU losing to USC
- Wake got it handed to them by Baylor (What has happened to Skinner, I thought he was one of the best ACC QBs, but not anymore)
- California destroying Mayland
- Richmond putting it to Duke again
- And the Grandaddy of them all UVA laying down for William & Mary (I mean we all knew UVA was going to struggle this year, but W&M?? Really?? If Groh still has his job next week I will be shocked)

I am one of the biggest ACC fans around, but damn does the ACC look really, REALLY weak right now

Let's be fair. Bama should have won that game. VT did well but the outcome was expected.
NCSU was just an average ACC school losing to an average SEC school
Baylor is a pretty decent team actually. They just get overshadowed by OU and Texas
Got me on Duke.
Got me on that one.

#3 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

Too early to tell. It's one game into the season guys. That would be like saying the NFC South BLOWS if the Panthers lost to the Eagles, the Falcons lost to the Dolphins, the Bucs lost to the Cowboys, but the Aints managed to beat the Lions. I mean saying that a conference blows after one week just screams irrational. Let the season play out...

#4 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

Baylor is a good football team, Robert Griffin should and probably will be a heisman contender next year or the year after if he stays.

#5 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

VT has nothing to be ashamed of. Let's be honest...most people around the country expected them to get blown out. That was the best game of the day as far as I'm concerned.

I was really surprised that Wake didn't look ready to play. Skinner has been there for 10 years it seems, so I expected him to play much better than that.

#6 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:41 PM

Bama's offense isn't going to blow out anyone so I wouldn't take it as a moral victory for VT.

#7 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:21 PM

I watched the VT/Bama game. Did anyone else notice how many helmets came off during the game? It had to be 5-7 times players had their helmets come off. What's up wit dat?

#8 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

Bama's offense isn't going to blow out anyone so I wouldn't take it as a moral victory for VT.

Did Ingram and Julio Jones play? If the answer is yes then I'm going to go ahead and mention them as a pretty formidable offense this year...

#9 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

Did Ingram and Julio Jones play? If the answer is yes then I'm going to go ahead and mention them as a pretty formidable offense this year...

Yeah, they played. Ingram ran all over the Hokies late in the game and Jones had a few nice catches even though they double teamed him all game long. That new QB they have really has some potential too. He definitely has some balls, because he stood in there and took some hits and still made some pretty good throws.

I would not underestimate Alabama's offense if I was an opposing coach, that's for sure.

#10 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:42 PM

ingram was a beast. helps that the VT D was out there 37 freakn minutes and 2 sec casue stinespring's bastard offence sucked yet again. all spring, i heard the coaches talk about getting RW in space, the times they did he was great, all 3 times............. add in wilson's punt return theatrics, i am thrilled with next years rb group (run the Flexbone Option Offense dammit we would have the personel), and they will be fine this year. they lead into the 4th. happy about that, and honestly wasnt surprised the last quarter when alabama turned it on and creamed them through the air and on the ground: the D was gassed, they figured out that carmicheal sucks at DB (his guy was #4 that cancellor had to repeatedly chase down), and figured out that cody grim is not a starting caliber LB. i love cody as a pass rusher, but he is a liability as a run stopper, he is a slow DB playing LB imo. 2nd alabama is 2x deeper than VT, and any non florida ACC program. they have athletes on the bench that could start for atleast 1/2 the ACC schools. they were fresher at the end on both sides of the ball, and when VT rotated the DL to stay fresh, the pounding got worse.

there was talk stinespring would be out if he sucked last year, he did but you cant fire a coach from a BCS bowl win i guess. he yet again showed that VT cannot, will not, sniff a title game, much less the a NC with him as OC. and at this point (unless the florida schools get it together), the ACC is doomed to again be right ahead of the big least as the weakest bsc conference (and maybe the big 10)

the ACC yet again has 1, repeat 1 offense that is top 25 caliber atm: GT. GT is a better navy who took OSU to the brink. dwyer is the best back in the ACC, and he is the freakn FB in that offense, the signle hardest guy for any D to stop in that O is the FB. add in nesbit getting another year under his belt, and thomas at wr, if they can get a 60% completion percentage, they may walk away with the acc title. VT can slow them, but i am not sold we can score enough now. now GT may not have a D to go with it after loosing all the talent up front.

tonight might be the best 2 teams in the ACC if they can move the ball, as they both have inconsistant but good D (FSU sounds scary good on D).

as for the rest of the acc games, UVA is a disgrace, UNC shoulda been playing 2nd stringers in the 2nd Q, not just starting to role, NCSTATE my god that was painful on offense and usc sucked worse than tech on offense, maryland not surprised, duke ugh. BC did their thing though (thats a surprise with the turnover there). GT meh, johnson had the 2nd string in at half.

#11 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:54 PM

ingram was a beast. helps that the VT D was out there 37 freakn minutes and 2 sec casue stinespring's bastard offence sucked yet again. all spring, i heard the coaches talk about getting RW in space, the times they did he was great, all 3 times............. add in wilson's punt return theatrics, i am thrilled with next years rb group (run the Flexbone Option Offense dammit we would have the personel), and they will be fine this year. they lead into the 4th. happy about that, and honestly wasnt surprised the last quarter when alabama turned it on and creamed them through the air and on the ground: the D was gassed, they figured out that carmicheal sucks at DB (his guy was #4 that cancellor had to repeatedly chase down), and figured out that cody grim is not a starting caliber LB. i love cody as a pass rusher, but he is a liability as a run stopper, he is a slow DB playing LB imo. 2nd alabama is 2x deeper than VT, and any non florida ACC program. they have athletes on the bench that could start for atleast 1/2 the ACC schools. they were fresher at the end on both sides of the ball, and when VT rotated the DL to stay fresh, the pounding got worse.

there was talk stinespring would be out if he sucked last year, he did but you cant fire a coach from a BCS bowl win i guess. he yet again showed that VT cannot, will not, sniff a title game, much less the a NC with him as OC. and at this point (unless the florida schools get it together), the ACC is doomed to again be right ahead of the big least as the weakest bsc conference (and maybe the big 10)

the ACC yet again has 1, repeat 1 offense that is top 25 caliber atm: GT. GT is a better navy who took OSU to the brink. dwyer is the best back in the ACC, and he is the freakn FB in that offense, the signle hardest guy for any D to stop in that O is the FB. add in nesbit getting another year under his belt, and thomas at wr, if they can get a 60% completion percentage, they may walk away with the acc title. VT can slow them, but i am not sold we can score enough now. now GT may not have a D to go with it after loosing all the talent up front.

tonight might be the best 2 teams in the ACC if they can move the ball, as they both have inconsistant but good D (FSU sounds scary good on D).

as for the rest of the acc games, UVA is a disgrace, UNC shoulda been playing 2nd stringers in the 2nd Q, not just starting to role, NCSTATE my god that was painful on offense and usc sucked worse than tech on offense, maryland not surprised, duke ugh. BC did their thing though (thats a surprise with the turnover there). GT meh, johnson had the 2nd string in at half.

^this

every bit of what CH is true....only thing he left out was how impressive Virgil was

#12 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:17 AM

if julio jones is a top 10 guy in the draft in 2011, then virgil should be a 2nd rounder, much like flowers. he held jones down at boundary corner, likely better than macho would have.

after the game last night, i smell rematch (fsu miami). both seam to have finally figured it out.

#13 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

baylor and richmond are good football teams
ncstate and scar are too bad football teams
Virginia only plays well when UNC shows up
VPI was a little outmatched but def. showed up (w/o) Evans I might add
UNC did not play anybody
poor Northeastern..damn
Clemson looked OK
GT looked strong
MD..that was bad
daU and F$U looked pretty darn good to me

ACC is not that bad. It's far from over.

#14 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:30 AM

baylor and richmond are good football teams
ncstate and scar are too bad football teams
Virginia only plays well when UNC shows up
VPI was a little outmatched but def. showed up (w/o) Evans I might add
UNC did not play anybody
poor Northeastern..damn
Clemson looked OK
GT looked strong
MD..that was bad
daU and F$U looked pretty darn good to me

ACC is not that bad. It's far from over.

That is such a biased statement its ridiculous. I hate UNC but I would never say they are a bad football team if they lost to an SEC team because of one or two plays. Your bias automatically voids any opinion that you have...

I would like to think that even those that hate NCSU like Tweeder and Monstercat would agree with me on this statement...At least they are rational thinkers.

#15 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

NCSU and Scar are two average football teams. Bad? No. Both will be bowl eligible this year.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com