567 replies to this topic

#436 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

After 6 years of WoW I was hopeful that this would be somehow different and in some ways it is. The problem is that its not different enough. I honestly don't know if Ill make level cap on this one.

That's not to say its a bad game, I'm just really burned out on the paradigm.

I am kind of annoyed at the apparent lack of choices for how I'm going to level my toon. I don't mean light vs dark. I mean that there seems to be little advancement outside of the story line. I have to report to my sith master and do as he instructs or there just isnt enough questing to move forward.

I guess I could PvP my way up the level ladder but don't really have the hang of that yet. I'm playing a Juggernaut and outside of soaking up punishment in hut-ball I don't have a lot of success in the warzones.

Overall its a pretty big meh for me. I'm going to give it some more time but don't know if Ill be playing this one in six months.

Edited by Inimicus, 27 December 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#437 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,884 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

For me doing all the sidequests some pvp and instances is actually making me overlevelled for the world im on. I know most sidequests are pretty repetitive but if you do those, do heroics, do some pvp, some flashpoints leveling in this game is pretty easy imo. Also usually if you focus on the main sidequest on the planet you also get a bonus series. I have been an avg 3 levels above the quests I have been doing. Also space missions give some great xp as well.

#438 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

What level is your jugg? The biggest complaint I have about the game is it's badly tuned in certain areas. Sometimes the only solution if you're struggling at something is simply to come back at a higher level. Guardians/Juggs have the most problems of weaving between being real powerful and real weak(e.g. some juggs use their ship's droid as a companion to heal until they get their real healing companion). I can say they get much better the more you level up. I'm 33 and just now feel like I have all the tools to be effective in pvp and pve. I'm really digging the playstyle as a tank that can be a beast in pvp if played right.

#439 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,884 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

What I hate is i have to wait till basically late 30s to get my healing companion.

#440 Inimicus

Inimicus

• HUDDLER
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

I'm still pretty low. Dinged 17 just before logging out yesterday.

#441 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

You're republic bro. We are a Sith guild.

OK, didn't know that.

I'll see about making an alt one of these days.

#442 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

I'm still pretty low. Dinged 17 just before logging out yesterday.

You're going to go through a rough patch until your late 20s. You'll get your healer companion on Balmorra which will make things a little better but you'll still probably feel underpowered. Always make sure you stay a couple levels above the content you're doing which, as Saltman said, is easy to do. The game is similar to wow in a lot of ways but since I haven't played wow in a couple years it's more a comforting familiarity than a bore. The story gets better, the end of Act 1 is awesome imo. That's the real draw of the game to me.

There are basically 6 ways to get xp:
- Class/standard quests
- Warzones
- Bonus quests
- Heroic quests
- Space missions
- Flashpoints

You basically have to do the class/standard quests. Warzones and space mission are a nice change of pace and give great xp. Bonus quests are not just the 'kill X' quests you get while doing other quests but an entire series of quests you get after completing each planet. The heroic quests are ok but I almost always skip them if I can't find a group quickly(fyi the heroic quests on all the starting planets are easily soloable once you get your first companion and pick an advanced class). The flashpoints are really well done imo. You don't feel like you're just barreling through a dungeon to get to the bosses but a nice story that you're involved in. That said, I haven't done many because I haven't wanted to waste time finding a group. Now that I'm in a guild I'll probably do more.

If you do 3 or 4 out of those 6 you'll stay ahead of the curve. So not only will the questing be easier but you'll be even with or ahead of any jedi scum you come across. :reddevil:

#443 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,884 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

speaking of you want to do mandalorian raiders today natty?

#444 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,457 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

speaking of you want to do mandalorian raiders today natty?

:lol: I soloed it last night :biggrin:

#445 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

I think it might be grayed out for me but I'll run it. I haven't tanked anything since beta, so I probably need to run stuff so I'm not clueless at 50. My family is still in town though so I don't know if I'll be playing tonight.

#446 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,457 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

If its gray you can just walk through it.
Needs to be green for them to at least hit you. :lol:

#447 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,884 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

i have been through it already...im at almost level 30 so i dunno if i could do cademimu yet. I need to do either one to get a mission bonus for extra xp. and ya i dunno why we have a guild since kurb never comes to help me when ive asked for help like 10 times :)

#448 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

After 6 years of WoW I was hopeful that this would be somehow different and in some ways it is. The problem is that its not different enough. I honestly don't know if Ill make level cap on this one.

That's not to say its a bad game, I'm just really burned out on the paradigm.

I am kind of annoyed at the apparent lack of choices for how I'm going to level my toon. I don't mean light vs dark. I mean that there seems to be little advancement outside of the story line. I have to report to my sith master and do as he instructs or there just isnt enough questing to move forward.

I guess I could PvP my way up the level ladder but don't really have the hang of that yet. I'm playing a Juggernaut and outside of soaking up punishment in hut-ball I don't have a lot of success in the warzones.

Overall its a pretty big meh for me. I'm going to give it some more time but don't know if Ill be playing this one in six months.

It would be very hard to level without doing class quests, but it's not all together impossible. However you'd need to primarily PvP and do flash points.

You can check out this website for information on pvp of the mirror of the Juggy, which may help out: http://guard-this.com/

#449 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

What I hate is i have to wait till basically late 30s to get my healing companion.

Some of the ACs do NOT seem balanced with regard to companions - for instance I am pretty sure that on Republic side the companions were designed around the Sage, not the Shadow.

I did manage to gear up my Padawan companion very well and now she cuts through stuff, but I still have to switch to my healer to tackle many mobs.

#450 Inimicus

Inimicus

• HUDDLER
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

It would be very hard to level without doing class quests, but it's not all together impossible. However you'd need to primarily PvP and do flash points.

You can check out this website for information on pvp of the mirror of the Juggy, which may help out: http://guard-this.com/

Thnx for the link.

Looks like some good stuff there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.