Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SI Power Rankings by Don Banks

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Let's not pretend like we haven't choked in the past after being given some recognition.

Isn't that what all this "under the radar" lovefest is all about?

But every team in the Top 5 have struggled and do not get this kind of crap. Giants have lost freakin two games in a row and still sits there....if we had lost two, we would be written off and ranked in the mid teens.

Pittssburgh offense plains sucks and they were given a gift by Dallas...yet they are #1 and dominant. They win close and ugly games...they are battle tested. We do that and we are lucky.

Dallas won't even make the playoffs after the Ravens give them a beatdown...yet, they are now the team to beat.

Titans played nobody this season. Otherwise, they are middle of the pack.

Media sucks, so-called experts suck. They can all kiss my ass.

Wonder what they will do when we lift the Lombardi....I am sure they will anoint us the worst SB Champions ever.

Screw them all.

Posted

It gets old, never getting any decent team coverage from ESPN, NFL Network, INside the NFL on Showtime.

It also is sickening, the amount of coverage given the Cowboys, the Farve lead Jets, the newly annointed risen from the dead Eagles, the Giants. In many ways, the Chargers get more coverage than the Panthers.

I watched Inside the NFL last night...Sapp, Simms, Collinsworth, James Brown. They all raved about the Panthers. When asked by Brown if this team was 'super bowl' worthy, they all 'grudgingly' agreed they were given their running game, defense, star wide receiver and 'aw shucks' QB. Then they turned around and picked the Giants in this game.

I guess being a small market, supposedly, we can't expect much more, for that reason alone, I really hope that Carolina absolutely obliterates the Giants this weekend, no questionable calls, no blown calls, just run it down there throat.

I almost see this as ASU vs. Michigan from the media point of view.

Posted

Also meant to say, if Brett Farve starts the 'I'm going to retire' watch with two games left in the season, just say 'no'. Sick of it. Just retire Brett.

Posted

Wonder what they will do when we lift the Lombardi....I am sure they will anoint us the worst SB Champions ever.

Screw them all.

If we win the superbowl the lead story the next day will be whether Favre will return, and oh btw some small market team won a game or something.

Posted

If we win the superbowl the lead story the next day will be whether Favre will return, and oh btw some small market team won a game or something.

You forgot to add the story about the Cowboys and whether Whitten, Romo, and Owens are still pouting.

Posted

For us the playoffs start this Sunday. If we want the road to Tampa to go through Charlotte we need to win on Sunday. Thats it!!

Are we done if we don't? Of course not. But if you want to win the Superbowl then you have to win these games and do so on the road.

Still we need to play well. For the talking heads and for the media? Of course not. But if we want to consider ourselves a contender then we need to show up when all of the chips are on the table.

Posted

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted

Read the sig