• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 JerseyCat

JerseyCat

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:27 AM

I know I have not been on here forever and now I come to ask for help.. Go figure..bash bash bash.. Done move on. Has anyone here ever themselves personally split a cable from their satellite connection and then connected a satellite box to it and it work? I have a extra box, no Cable outlet to a room and could not would not have the tech drill another hole thru the side of the house and around the house to connect it, so I am trying to do it from cable that is already present.. Any help.. PLEEEAAAASSSSEEE>

#2 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:31 AM

If you don't have two lines coming off of the satellite dish I don't believe what you are trying to do will work.

Its my understanding that every box in the house has to have its own line that goes to the dish and is connected to it independently of all others.

#3 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:45 AM

Inimicus is correct. Sorry :(

well, to be clear...my dish has two lines coming from it to the main box on the side of the house. From there it is split to three boxes inside my house...you can't split the cable after the connection to the box on top of the tv or wherever. You'd basically have to do it from outside and I guess thats what you're trying to avoid.

Edited by catfang, 24 September 2009 - 09:47 AM.

#4 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:59 AM

I tried the same thing with no luck, it works with Timewarner, but not my DirecTV lines, I always thought it was strange.

#5 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

Basically the two lines from the satellite dish can go into what's called a multiswitch and from there can branch off into hundreds of receivers. You just can't split a line after said multiswitch.

Sorry OP.

#6 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,837 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:08 PM

sorry....you lost me at "I have an extra box"

I tried this myself and it did not work...I got some channels on each set, but couldn't get all the channels on either...sorry

#7 walt227

walt227

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:31 PM

It can be done *sort of*. Put a 2-way splitter coming out of the back of the main box and simply run the other line to your 2nd TV. It will be slaved to the single box, but that's better than nothing IMO. We do something similar at a freind's house for an deck TV on gamedays

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

Or you can spend 20 bucks on a new dual LNB. Takes about 1 minute to replace it on the dish.

#9 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,643 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

All these answers and not a single request to see her bewbs in return.

Disappointing.

#10 JerseyCat

JerseyCat

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

Ok first.. Thank you all for your replies. To the one for boob shot, I am sure there is one or two in the archives.

Now just to make sure I get it...

I have I believe more than one cable coming from my roof or a switch as you say somewhere?? Cause I have a box in 3 rooms already, just so happen my son doesn't have any cable outlet at all in his room and I want to put one there was going up in the attic and planning on cutting and splitting the cable that runs to our room down to his room, zod would what you said do this?

Wow this is too much, isnt this man talk or something, should I grab my crouch, itch my ass or pop a beer?

#11 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,859 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

Yes

#12 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

Wow this is too much, isnt this man talk or something, should I grab my crouch, itch my ass or pop a beer?

OR????

women..... lol

#13 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:41 PM

:smilielol5:

#14 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,737 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:20 PM

The satellite guy is coming to my house tomorrow where hopefully I will get to learn about how all this works, I'll try and post some reflections on the morning tomorrow.

#15 JerseyCat

JerseyCat

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:49 PM

The satellite guy is coming to my house tomorrow where hopefully I will get to learn about how all this works, I'll try and post some reflections on the morning tomorrow.

Ok great...I will be waiting.. thxs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.