Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Man oh man, do we need term limits for these clowns...

I'd settle for neutralizing the built in advantages incumbents have.

(three guesses who's in charge of whether or not that happens) :frown2:

Posted

I agree, but any year that congress gets a pay raise, they get criticised for it. Personall, I don't have an issue with them getting a 2.8% pay raise. In truth, I don't really understand the complaints.

Now if they were getting some outrageous pay raise (like say 10%) or even a raise above what the rest of government employees are getting, then I would have a big problem with it.

What warrants a raise? Gridlock stupidity? Inept understanding of the current economy? If so then yes, they deserve this raise.

Call me crazy but where I come from, you get raise if you produce or ADD to the bottom line.

These carpetbaggers only worsened the problem.

Posted

Ehhh, most places I've worked will usually give a Cost of Living raise, even to the deadweight.

Posted

if companys are ignert. no reason we should expect more from our gubment.

Posted

this is not a surprise? I mean how many senators you think turned down this "raise" they are not just senators but they are all millionaires, i do not understand why any of them need a raise? the country is so fuged and they get more money? I guess its alot of responsibility running every 6 years, taking all the tax payers money, giving tax money to huge coorporations for failing and maybe supporting a family, when most of their families are not immediate but extended...man oh man do need that money...

Posted

If they are worthy of a raise, are the citizens who elected THEM not worthy of the same Thrift plan?

Posted

What warrants a raise? Gridlock stupidity? Inept understanding of the current economy? If so then yes, they deserve this raise.

Call me crazy but where I come from, you get raise if you produce or ADD to the bottom line.

These carpetbaggers only worsened the problem.

But some of the congress persons do a good job while others dont. Same as with any organizations.

As Delhommey said, I don't mind a cost of living raise. But if they get even .001% more than anyone else in government, then I say off with their heads.

:)

Posted

the point i think is when almost everyone in the country is told this is rough times, to cut back, set priorites, expect more sacrafices. these greedy fuggers get a raise. can we lay off a % of congress to represent whats going on with the american people? id love that.

Posted

the point i think is when almost everyone in the country is told this is rough times, to cut back, set priorites, expect more sacrafices. these greedy fuggers get a raise. can we lay off a % of congress to represent whats going on with the american people? id love that.

I think we just did on Nov 4th. :)

Posted

i mean lay off and not fill the postion with someone worse or the almost same as the one we just layed off. lol

Posted

Man oh man, do we need term limits for these clowns...

term limits are undemocratic

Posted

term limits are undemocratic

Not if people are allowed to vote for term limits. :)

I am not so sure they are a good idea, but I think they should be done as a constitutional amendment.