• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:50 AM

if companys are ignert. no reason we should expect more from our gubment.

#17 APCegr

APCegr

Huddle Engineer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

this is not a surprise? I mean how many senators you think turned down this "raise" they are not just senators but they are all millionaires, i do not understand why any of them need a raise? the country is so fuged and they get more money? I guess its alot of responsibility running every 6 years, taking all the tax payers money, giving tax money to huge coorporations for failing and maybe supporting a family, when most of their families are not immediate but extended...man oh man do need that money...

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,405 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:06 AM

If they are worthy of a raise, are the citizens who elected THEM not worthy of the same Thrift plan?

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,727 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

What warrants a raise? Gridlock stupidity? Inept understanding of the current economy? If so then yes, they deserve this raise.
Call me crazy but where I come from, you get raise if you produce or ADD to the bottom line.
These carpetbaggers only worsened the problem.

But some of the congress persons do a good job while others dont. Same as with any organizations.

As Delhommey said, I don't mind a cost of living raise. But if they get even .001% more than anyone else in government, then I say off with their heads.
:)

#20 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

the point i think is when almost everyone in the country is told this is rough times, to cut back, set priorites, expect more sacrafices. these greedy fuggers get a raise. can we lay off a % of congress to represent whats going on with the american people? id love that.

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,727 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:16 PM

the point i think is when almost everyone in the country is told this is rough times, to cut back, set priorites, expect more sacrafices. these greedy fuggers get a raise. can we lay off a % of congress to represent whats going on with the american people? id love that.

I think we just did on Nov 4th. :)

#22 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

i mean lay off and not fill the postion with someone worse or the almost same as the one we just layed off. lol

#23 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:13 PM

Man oh man, do we need term limits for these clowns...

term limits are undemocratic

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,727 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

term limits are undemocratic

Not if people are allowed to vote for term limits. :)

I am not so sure they are a good idea, but I think they should be done as a constitutional amendment.

#25 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

Not if people are allowed to vote for term limits. :)

voting to remove rights is called something else.

I am not so sure they are a good idea, but I think they should be done as a constitutional amendment.

this would involve people in power to allow their states to vote to limit their power or limit their power themselves so that's never going to happen.

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,405 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

No more calls please we have a winner. :thumbsup:

#27 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

We need term limits just to keep state politics clean. Eastern NC has had a lock on this state for far too long.

#28 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:39 PM

We need term limits just to keep state politics clean. Eastern NC has had a lock on this state for far too long.

why not just improve education so people don't vote against their own interests

#29 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

why not just improve education so people don't vote against their own interests

Hey, good idea, ask the DEM party who controls this state to do just that.

And, why does it seem that dems (THE ENLIGHTENED AMONG US) votes their interests, yet the DEM PARTY never delivers, and they still get that vote? That doesn't seem very smart to me. Noboby makes more promises than the dem party. Free this, free that...VOTE FOR US!

How about we hold the vultures accountable for what we send them, and vote them out when they LIE!

If people in this country wanted true change, they've vote the incumbent out every election cycle. It would take 12 years for the morons to get the message, but they would.

#30 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:56 AM

Hey, good idea, ask the DEM party who controls this state to do just that.

education reform is much more effective at the local level.

North Carolina has actually been heralded across the country for its school reform. It takes time for that to trickle upwards and show up in the polls, but it has begun to with the national election being an obvious example.

However, improving education means more than new computers in classrooms. It means effective campaigning that inform people that in many republican strongholds things like transportation infrastructure, healthcare, and public services are being cut in order to foster a "business friendly environment," which never really help the majority of people that vote for it. This is achieved through meaningless wedge issues like abortion, gay rights, and gun control and blatant racism disguised as "welfare reform."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com