• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nails

Chargers to LA per Schefter

11 hours ago, dardarroarroar said:

I looked it up this man has like seven kids his pull out game is weak as fug or he's really just that crazy

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Any more than 2 kids is bat poo crazy.  

Screw LA.. the NFL got what it wanted!!! The city cannot even support one team after crying year after year about not having a team..Feel sorry for San Diego fans another crappy move by the NFL.. 

I want to laugh, but the stupidity of it all, just makes me SMH.

Not 1, but 2 NFL franchises moving to an city that really couldn't care less. 

Two teams, that have been struggling to put a consistent product together, abandoning what loyal fan base they have. Good luck with that poo. Seriously. 

I think with the Rams they should've waited till they built their own stadium I just honestly think there's way too many teams in the same area and I oversaturate the market and you know what that does

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

14 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

This fugging sucks. I was a San Diego native for 4 years. I attended various Charger games, especially during that 14-2 season. I feel for the city of San Diego and its loyal fans. Spanos is a greedy bitch.

1. The Chargers were originally the Los Angeles Chargers of the AFL and played the 1960 season in LA.

2. The move to LA has been talked about for at least 15 years.

3. The citizens have been given more than one opportunity to vote on a new stadium and repeatedly said, "No." 

4. QualComm has a capacity of 70k+ and had an average of 57K per home game.

5. The move had to be approved by 31 other franchise owners and I'm quite sure I haven't heard any of them say, "Well, we should have some compassion for the San Diego fans and keep the team in SD."

6. I was born, raised and spent the first 38 years of my life in San Diego and I can tell you that living on the beach, enjoying the weather and everything else SD has to offer puts the NFL pretty far down on the list of priorities.

17 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

The ignorance about the SoCal sports fan always cracks me up. Dodgers always attract close to 4 million fans per year. Angels, 3 million. Lakers, Clippers, Kings and Ducks close to the top of their respective leagues in attendance.

Ironic the Chargers are coming to Los Angeles for the same reason the Rams left decades ago. An owner who won't participate financially in a meaningful way to build a new stadium and a state who's people are taxed beyond reason by the local government who are unwilling to vote for it.

Now Stan Kroenke has the money and has set 2 teams up in a Cathedral being built that will be a model for future NFL franchises. The next couple of years will be a major struggle for NFL football in SoCal while these teams are forced to play in the shythole that is the 90 year old LA Coliseum.

But come 2019, these 2 Franchises will thrive.

I understand defending your turf/hometown, but can we be honest? You know when teams brag on their attendance and weather games are "sellouts", they hellA lie( including the Carolina Panthers ). The only two questions most dodgers fans ask themselves- "Do I arrive in the 4th inning or leave in the 6th, ummmm or do I do both???"  I'd forget about the angels totally if not for the Luke of outfielders. Lakers, I'm not even going there... They've been so hellA bad the clippers overtook them a couple years ago as the go-to ticket(lols the clipper whom where dogs for 20 years straight)! Best thing about clipper games is watching clipper Darell do his hellA cheerleading! Plus frontrunners and Fairweather fans, those terms where invented for the "great" fans of LA. I will give some leadway about traffic, it's among the worse. Plus Vin Sully is a American icon, he deserves hellA credit with bringing in fans.

5 minutes ago, MV%doe said:

I understand defending your turf/hometown, but can you be honest? You know when teams brag on their attendance and weather games are "sellouts", they hellA lie( including the Carolina Panthers ). The only two questions most dodgers fans ask themselves- "Do I arrive in the 4th inning or leave in the 6th, ummmm or do I do both???"  

I dont live in LA.

59 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

I dont live in LA.

You hella fooled me, I thought that was your retirement home.

Now this is funny:

23 moving companies in San Diego have said they will refuse to move the Chargers to LA (H/T @DerekNBCSD)

To the chagrin of San Diego citizens, the Chargers are packing their bags for Los Angeles. One small hindrance is obstructing their relocation, though: Nobody will move their stuff.

Before worrying about switching stadiums, the team must ship office equipment to its new headquarters. San Diego moving companies, however, want no part of the transport.

According to NBC San Diego's Derek Togerson, HireAHelper's head of sales and marketing Ryan Charles started the trend.

"We were just sitting there thinking about the physical move of the Chargers," Charles said. "We were thinking we would not want to be a part of that, having been born and raised here and being a lifelong Chargers fan."

After rejecting the Chargers' job request, Charles asked other moving companies to join his protest, which he described as their "last line of defense."

"The feedback was immediately positive," Charles said. "I got chuckles, people were laughing, there were guys saying 'I wouldn't move them for X amount of dollars.'"

Per Togerson, they all turned down a payday potentially north of $100,000. Someone will eventually favor business over loyalty to a football franchise, but the foregone earnings demonstrate just how much the Chargers meant to San Diego.

11 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Now this is funny:

23 moving companies in San Diego have said they will refuse to move the Chargers to LA (H/T @DerekNBCSD)

That's almost not even funny. It's kinda sad. I mean, yes it's "just a game" and all that. But these guys aren't refusing to move them because it's a game. They are refusing to move them because of childhood memories, bonds and traditions. In my case, I honestly hate my old man and the only thing we ever bonded over was Panther football. Now that he's gone, that's honestly the only fond memories I have with him. And while I can't say that I even miss him, I do miss those Sundays when we would watch Carolina beat the hell out of the Saints or Falcons. The Panthers were one of the few things I managed to remotely build a bond with my dad over.

none of that is intended to be a sob story. But rather to say, I really feel for the St. Louis fans and the Charger fans. It's a lot more than a game to many of them. For whatever reason, there's a rich fiery tradition that is getting extinguished and that fugging sucks.

Didn't see that but the offense should be OK as Whiz was retained but who knows about the defense. Apparently Gus Bradley won't commit cause he prefers Frisco? lol