• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nails

Mecklenburg County BOC approves new MLS Stadium/CCC Fugs it up/1/30-bid still ON despite CCC

Charlotte would definitely support MLS team.  There is a large number of Spanish people in the area and surrounding areas.   They build a monster sports complex in Matthews and the fields always seem packed.    That being said, it does seem rushed a bit but I think it would be nice for the city.

3 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Charlotte would definitely support MLS team.  There is a large number of Spanish people in the area and surrounding areas.   They build a monster sports complex in Matthews and the fields always seem packed.    That being said, it does seem rushed a bit but I think it would be nice for the city.

It's rushed because they're looking to begin play in 2020.  After hosting all these big international matches it was time to $hit or get off the pot.  So the CCC got off the pot while other cities will gladly sit and partake.  Amazing that even 2 weeks ago Jennifer Roberts was tweeting how excited she was about MLS.  She and the CCC can't find their @ss with a funnel.

42 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

to you maybe. Not even close if you look nationally. 

Yeah of course the MLB is.  I just have zero interest in watching second tier professional teams.  Great experiences as a kid and still I take my 2 year old to Knights games but I am in no way entertained. There is just way too much to do these days

As much as I think MLS would contribute to making this a world class city, not getting into bed with Bruton Smith is a smart decision.

18 minutes ago, blackcat said:

As much as I think MLS would contribute to making this a world class city, not getting into bed with Bruton Smith is a smart decision.

Wtf?!  Who else is going to write a $200+ million check for this city???!!!

People are missing the point...  having MLS team will be way more attractive for many investors to relocate to Charlotte. Our Mayor is a ragging idiot.

18 minutes ago, Nails said:

Wtf?!  Who else is going to write a $200+ million check for this city???!!!

Do some research on Bruton.  Particularly how he held the city of Concord hostage to upgrade his track.  

1 minute ago, blackcat said:

Do some research on Bruton.  Particularly how he held the city of Concord hostage to upgrade his track.  

He didn't... he said he will relocate to Charlotte...  causing insane lose of revenue for concord.  Sports bring inflow of people and jobs.

6 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

He didn't... he said he will relocate to Charlotte...  causing insane lose of revenue for concord.  Sports bring inflow of people and jobs.

I understand the economic impact of sports, I've lived in Charlotte and seen what it has done for this city.  Smith has a history of making threats to get what he wants.  i don't blame the city for not wanting to mess with him.

Just now, blackcat said:

I understand the economic impact of sports, I've lived in Charlotte and seen what it has done for this city.  Smith has a history of making threats to get what he wants.  i don't blame the city for not wanting to mess with him.

He made threats because he is a concord cash cow.  Without him, concord would be nothing.

1 minute ago, ARSEN said:

He made threats because he is a concord cash cow.  Without him, concord would be nothing.

Very true, but I still can't blame Clt for not wanting to do business with him.  They'd be naive to think to think he wouldn't try the same tricks down the road in the big city.

1 minute ago, blackcat said:

Very true, but I still can't blame Clt for not wanting to do business with him.  They'd be naive to think to think he wouldn't try the same tricks down the road in the big city.

Charlotte is not concord.  MLS is immaterial to Charlotte.  We are financial center... banks are out cash cows.

Just now, blackcat said:

Then CLT won't have the most popular game in the world and other cities who also have investors willing to pay the $150 expansion fee will leave us in the dust.

Just because a city has Hispanics doesn't mean MLS can be supported, lol. Miami used to have a team and it fell apart. Now they're trying again. Orlando is having decent success. Atlanta is about to try (but they can't even keep NHL). I think Charlotte would have one of the lowest attendance avg in MLS if they ever got a team.

Austin needs pro sports, San Antonio needs more than the Spurs, heck ... Indianapolis would support soccer better.

Putting MLS in the Triangle makes much more sense.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ADWise

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts