Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nails

Mecklenburg County BOC approves new MLS Stadium/CCC Fugs it up/1/30-bid still ON despite CCC

1 minute ago, Nails said:

As well they should be.  The Carolinas are a gold mine.

IMG_0669.PNG

8 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I'd prefer not to have my taxes jump up for this, especially when they couldn't find the money to fund the fuging schools in the area but a big ass stadium for a soccer team is alright.

It was not coming from the general fund (but rather, hotel/motel tax), is a relatively small amount, and they had the chance to be the only entity in the region (unlike minor league baseball where there are already countless teams in the region and which they APPROVED).  No tourists $$$ now.  Utterly moronic.

It should go to Raleigh anyways - aren't they going to lose the Hurricanes to someplace in Canada or something?

1 hour ago, Mvp2014 said:

I think people would go.  Hell its better than baseball

to you maybe. Not even close if you look nationally. 

6 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

It should go to Raleigh anyways - aren't they going to lose the Hurricanes to someplace in Canada or something?

No.  The NHL couldn't even get 2 expansion teams-Vegas was the only one.  The Montreal Canadians will ensure Quebec doesn't get a team.  Seattle is at a dead end in getting an arena and the Glendale, AZ Coyotes situation is far more drastic than the overblown Hurricanes one.  The Hurricanes haven't been to the playoffs in 8 years and have had bad attendance at times as many franchises in all sports have, but are zero threat to relocate.

Charlotte would definitely support MLS team.  There is a large number of Spanish people in the area and surrounding areas.   They build a monster sports complex in Matthews and the fields always seem packed.    That being said, it does seem rushed a bit but I think it would be nice for the city.

3 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Charlotte would definitely support MLS team.  There is a large number of Spanish people in the area and surrounding areas.   They build a monster sports complex in Matthews and the fields always seem packed.    That being said, it does seem rushed a bit but I think it would be nice for the city.

It's rushed because they're looking to begin play in 2020.  After hosting all these big international matches it was time to $hit or get off the pot.  So the CCC got off the pot while other cities will gladly sit and partake.  Amazing that even 2 weeks ago Jennifer Roberts was tweeting how excited she was about MLS.  She and the CCC can't find their @ss with a funnel.

42 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

to you maybe. Not even close if you look nationally. 

Yeah of course the MLB is.  I just have zero interest in watching second tier professional teams.  Great experiences as a kid and still I take my 2 year old to Knights games but I am in no way entertained. There is just way too much to do these days

As much as I think MLS would contribute to making this a world class city, not getting into bed with Bruton Smith is a smart decision.

18 minutes ago, blackcat said:

As much as I think MLS would contribute to making this a world class city, not getting into bed with Bruton Smith is a smart decision.

Wtf?!  Who else is going to write a $200+ million check for this city???!!!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    micosft657