Byrdman4real

Carolina Panthers work out East Carolina's Zay Jones and working out Ross

115 posts in this topic

Imagine getting Zay Jones in the 2nd after drafting Fournette and another player with our first 2nd rounder. I'd be ecstatic!

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Zay Jones reminds me of AJ Green.  Not fast but great route runner with great hands.  

If we draft Zay Jones, which I'm not opposed to. What the hell do we do with Funchess if Funch gets beat out? Play him in the slot or play CJ in the slot? You know Wofford boy figures to get into this equation somehow. convert Funch to Tight End and make him gain muscle weight in the Offseason?

1 minute ago, Salisburysean98 said:

If we draft Zay Jones, which I'm not opposed to. What the hell do we do with Funchess if Funch gets beat out? Play him in the slot or play CJ in the slot? You know Wofford boy figures to get into this equation somehow. convert Funch to Tight End and make him gain muscle weight in the Offseason?

I think Funches is done...  he had an opportunity to shine last year and he blew it.  Drafting WR top 3 would basically say we throwing a towel of Funches...  he will be taking the #4 spot Brown used to hold.

At this point I'm hoping the Titans take Howard and the other guys are off the board so Gettleman is forced to take John Ross

We will not take Ross at 8 no matter who is not there. U waiting on that to happen then u will be waiting a long time.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Salisburysean98 said:

I don't give a damn if we have to cut him. We need to be done with this poo of sitting around waiting on him to show up. No more free roster spots.

9 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

Funchess is a baby still, age wise

Doesn't matter. This is his third NFL season. It's time to put up or shut up. He needs to produce or he needs to stop wasting a roster spot.

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

Funchess is a baby still, age wise

Funches had a good season when he played #4 WR in his rookie year but when he was asked to play #2 and #3 WR he failed big time... catching only 23 passes for less than 400 yards in 16 games.  Funches started 7 games last season and did absolutely nothing. Benjamin had almost 1000 yards as number #2 and #1 and started 13 games.  Funchess is slow and not very good route runner.  He got completely shutdown by starting corners.

Edited by ARSEN

Guy balled out at the Senior Bowl. That means something.