Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Byrdman4real

Carolina Panthers work out East Carolina's Zay Jones and working out Ross

14 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

So the fug what.. We gave Lafell, Gettis,  Jarret and Donald more time than you're giving Funch.. And lets also remember he was making a position change From college since he was a TE..

2 years in the league isn't enough to form a opinion especially at the WR position. 

LaFell never had a season with the Panthers as bad as Funchess' first two. He was better right out of the gate. He wasn't what we wanted as a #2 but he was always much better than Funchess.

Gettis got derailed by injuries. He never received another target after his rookie season. His rookie season? Better ham either of Funchess' seasons.

Dwayne Jarrett was hot trash and we should've moved on sooner. Let's not repeat that mistake again.

Put up or shut up. Produce or GTFO. It's his third season now. Draft status should no longer matter. It's time to judge him based on what he does, not on what he can hypothetically do.

Its honestly a bit comical how emotionally attached you seem to be to Funchess.

Hell, I hope the guy wakes up and delivers, but I also hope that we're not counting on that to happen.

4 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

How many fuging years does it take to learn how to do the job?  He regressed from his rookie year... he took a step back.  You cannot rely on him going forward.

It usely take WR 2 or 3 years.. Not everybody is KB, or Odell.. the whole offense regressed from their rookie year.. Cam regressed from his rookie year.. Sophmore slump is a real thing. 

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LaFell never had a season with the Panthers as bad as Funchess' first two. He was better right out of the gate. He wasn't what we wanted as a #2 but he was always much better than Funchess.

Gettis got derailed by injuries. He never received another target after his rookie season. His rookie season? Better ham either of Funchess' seasons.

Dwayne Jarrett was hot trash and we should've moved on sooner. Let's not repeat that mistake again.

Put up or shut up. Produce or GTFO. It's his third season now. Draft status should no longer matter. It's time to judge him based on what he does, not on what he can hypothetically do.

Its honestly a bit comical how emotionally attached you seem to be to Funchess.

Hell, I hope the guy wakes up and delivers, but I also hope that we're not counting on that to happen.

Can you please stop that dumb ass poo of calling ppl emotional when they don't agree with you.. Dam the same old gimmick gets lame after a while..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

It usely take WR 2 or 3 years.. Not everybody is KB, or Odell.. the whole offense regressed from their rookie year.. Cam regressed from his rookie year.. Sophmore slump is a real thing. 

Takes WR 2 or 3 years?  I never heard of that.  Tell me which #1 or #2 WR took 3 years to get it together.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Can you please stop that dumb ass poo of calling ppl emotional when they don't agree with you.. Dam the same old gimmick gets lame after a while..

It pretty much only happens with you because you tend to come unglued and get emotional when challenged.

Just now, ARSEN said:

Takes WR 2 or 3 years?  I never heard of that.  Tell me which #1 or #2 WR took 3 years to get it together.

Lafell, Smitty, Moose, i can just keep naming our WR's if you want. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It pretty much only happens with you because you tend to come unglued and get emotional when challenged.

You tend to read typed words unglued..

Since you're reading words and I'm not saying it to you personally .. I can't really portray emotion thru a post.. Especially with no punctuation.. You put the feelings behind my words by the way they made your cupcake self feel..

That's just common sense..download.jpg.826bc405202584d54adfb686283071f1.jpg

Lafell, Smitty, Moose, i can just keep naming our WR's if you want. 

LaFell plateaud after his 2nd season. 468 - 613 - 677 - 627 were his yardage totals as a Panther.

Smitty broke out in his 2nd season with 872 yards after getting minimal run as a WR as a rookie. He exploded in his 3rd with 1110 yards, but everyone had already gotten a glimpse of what he could do. Plus, he was a 3rd round pick who was probably never expected to be a starting WR. We probably drafted him to be a returner/slot WR.

Moose... yay! 1 out of 3 ain't bad! At least that's what Funchess would say! That's about the percentage of balls that come his way that he catches.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

LaFell plateaud after his 2nd season. 468 - 613 - 677 - 627 were his yardage totals as a Panther.

Smitty broke out in his 2nd season with 872 yards after getting minimal run as a WR as a rookie. He exploded in his 3rd with 1110 yards, but everyone had already gotten a glimpse of what he could do. Plus, he was a 3rd round pick who was probably never expected to be a starting WR. We probably drafted him to be a returner/slot WR.

Moose... yay! 1 out of 3 ain't bad! At least that's what Funchess would say! That's about the percentage of balls that come his way that he catches.

I said 2 to 3 years for most WR.. Where was i wrong again??

You tend to read typed words unglued..

Since you're reading words and I'm not saying it to you personally .. I can't really portray emotion thru a post.. Especially with no punctuation.. You put the feelings behind my words by the way they made your cupcake self feel..

That's just common sense..download.jpg.826bc405202584d54adfb686283071f1.jpg

When you start acting exasperated and stop trying to argue your point and begin to build strawmen, well... one is to assume that you're becoming emotional.

By the way, that's what you're doing here. If you don't want to be accused of being emotional, stop acting the part.

Here, let me help you out and try to get you back on track...

Exactly why should we expect Funchess to take a big step forward? What has he shown in his opportunities?

Age and age alone isn't an argument for expecting marked improvement.

I said 2 to 3 years for most WR.. Where was i wrong again??

Yes, most players tend to improve after their rookie season.

Funchess didn't.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When you start acting exasperated and stop trying to argue your point and begin to build strawmen, well... one is to assume that you're becoming emotional.

By the way, that's what you're doing here. If you don't want to be accused of being emotional, stop acting the part.

Here, let me help you out and try to get you back on track...

Exactly why should we expect Funchess to take a big step forward? What has he shown in his opportunities?

Age and age alone isn't an argument for expecting marked improvement.

I'm not reading all this.. I tuned out when you became a X-Men and started getting emotion from typed words..

You know that movie trick where they have a character read a written letter to them  from another character and do the bubble montage of how they think that person was if they were reading the letter??

Yay that's not real..

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BIgdaddyrockytop