Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobsfoodbasics

Alabama LT Cam Robinson Is Visiting The Panthers Today

LinvilleGorge    13,748
5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Definitely would not mind at 40. Hell no at 8. 

As long as the off-field stuff checks out, this.

But I'm not sure the off-field stuff will check out. On the surface, it looks like something pretty serious that was swept under the rug by a small town DA who didn't want to be the guy who buried a hometown hero.

• Pie 1

Toomers    485
15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm already working under the assumption that Short is gone after this year. Butler will be our starting three technique going forward.

KBs 5th year option will account for quite a raise then. And like you, KK is gone. He was the day Fletcher Cox signed.

• Pie 2

AceBoogie    7,337

Cam Robinson is going to be the steal of the draft, especially if he falls to the second. 

• Pie 1

AceBoogie    7,337
30 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He has flashed talent, regardless of all the negativity.

Flashed? He's been dominant 

Craig Pruitt    96
27 minutes ago, countryboi said:

His stock has gotten so bad i really think we can steal him in the second....I wouldnt be mad, he would be perfect at right tackle

I was thinking the same thing about a possible switch to the right side in the NFL.

I wouldn't take him at 8, but I can't help but think he'd be better than Daryl Williams. Imagine if M.Kalil pans put at LT , we take Robinson at 8 and he becomes a pro bowler on the right side. We'd have a solid set tackles for the next 5 seasons.

Still, with his health history and our team needs it's a risky pick. I don't know if I'd pull the trigger. But, if G-Man did I could see the reasoning.

• Pie 1

UpstatePanther    4,687
53 minutes ago, bababoey said:

Both Norwell and Turner are free agents next year.  

Didnt we already resign Norwell to a three year contract or something?

vorbis    429

my suspicion is that if the Panthers are checking him out, they're evaluating him for #8. if they're banking on him being there at 40 they might be wasting a visit on him. he's considered the top tackle available by a plurality of people willing to go on the record about it.

• Pie 1

Craig Pruitt    96
11 minutes ago, vorbis said:

my suspicion is that if the Panthers are checking him out, they're evaluating him for #8. if they're banking on him being there at 40 they might be wasting a visit on him. he's considered the top tackle available by a plurality of people willing to go on the record about it.

Agreed.

No way that dude drops to the 2nd round. I doubt he makes it past 15. As I said a couple of post earlier, he'd be a great RT. Being a 1st round pick we'd have a 5th year option on him which means his contract could expire the same year as M.Kalil's new deal. If we pick Robinson at 8 and both guys live up to their potential, the Panther could possibly have the best set of tackles in NFL of the next 5 seasons.