rodeo

Golden State Warriors unanimously decline White House visit

Anybodyhome    4,736
1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Because this is a national news story, I'd be very surprised if the invite ever came. Just like the mass CEO exit from the Manufacturing and Economic Council, Trump thought he could pull the old, "I'll break up with you before you can break up with me," thing.

He'll do the same with the Warriors and, right on cue, will come out and say, "Well, I wasn't going to invite them, anyway, so there." 

On 6/13/2017 at 0:45 PM, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

if the Warriors don't want to go to the White House, that's fine, but if you're going to make a statement saying "we need to preach to our young kids to be accepting of other peoples opinions and their walks of life," then by you not attending the White House b/c Trump is 'different,' 'has his own opinions,' and 'comes from his own walk of life.' is you preaching the complete opposite. Don't make a hypocritical contradictory asinine statement and instead try practicing what you preach. 

You are 100% completely wrong. If say Mitg Romney or another regular type republican was president and the Warriors refused to go to the White House simply because he was a republican and the Warriors disagreed with him on certain issues then yes, you would be 100% correct.

But Trump isnt Romney and this isnt about simply "disagreeing" with a president on certain issues. This is about the Warriors not visiting a White House run by a racist, sexust, sociopathic psychopath that is a nazi and racist sympathisizer. 

COMPLETELY different. You didnt see any NBA teams refusing to visit the WH when Bush was in office. As bad as he was, he wasnt atleast a socipathic, dangerous psychopath.

Paa Langfart    2,243
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, rodeo said:

“All the tactics that he used to get elected are the very things that someone like me, who works with youth on a consistent basis, are the things that we try to talk our young folks out of being,” Warriors Forward David West said.

“We try to talk our young people out of being bullies. We try to talk our young men out of disrespecting women. We try to talk our young people into being accepting of other people’s opinions and other people’s walks of life. He is the complete opposite of all of that,” West added.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/warriors-unanimously-decline-white-house-visit-per-reports/i7uecqAhFfD8e2pj8KAqKK/

The title of your post is misleading.  How do you decline something that has not even been offered ?