• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ARSEN

Barclays Premier League- 2017/18 Season Thread

United was the most impressive team in week one IMO.  Complete domination today.  

Edited by Shocker

16 minutes ago, Shocker said:

United was the most impressive team in week one IMO.  Complete domination today.  

Disagree.  Huddersfield Town was the most impressive team.  

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Disagree.  Huddersfield Town was the most impressive team.  

Well, they do play in Oct so if you want to do a friendly wager just let me know.  

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

They were missing  way more starters than just Andy Carroll. They finished 5 points away from being in 17 place last season.  They were the worst GD team outside teams that got relegated.  Calling this a statement win is a joke.  Luckily who ever put together schedule for ManUre, made sure they have a cake walk schedule until mid October.

You still have to perform is my point. While the EPL doesn't have as much parity as say the NFL and NHL. It does have more than a league like the NBA. Burnley is a prime example of that. Situations arise that are in and out of control of the team and the teams have to adapt. United made sure there was no doubt today. To my knowledge they created the most chances out of any team in the EPL this week.

I get it, no one likes to give United credit and that's fine but any outsider could see that they looked damn good today. That score line could have easily been 6-0. Rashford had a post and Zabaleta made a desperation slide to save what was sure to be a Lukaku hattrick.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

36 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Well, they do play in Oct so if you want to do a friendly wager just let me know.  

Ha!  I'm talking about the win.  They are newly promoted team and played away and spanked CP.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You still have to perform is my point. While the EPL doesn't have as much parity as say the NFL and NHL. It does have more than a league like the NBA. Burnley is a prime example of that. Situations arise that are in and out of control of the team and the teams have to adapt. United made sure there was no doubt today. To my knowledge they created the most chances out of any team in the EPL this week.

I get it, no one likes to give United credit and that's fine but any outsider could see that they looked damn good today. That score line could have easily been 6-0. Rashford had a post and Zabaleta made a desperation slide to save what was sure to be a Lukaku hattrick.

I'll leave something for you to look at.

IMG_3724.PNG

IMG_3725.PNG

9 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

I'll leave something for you to look at.

IMG_3724.PNG

IMG_3725.PNG

Arsenal played well and I never said they didn't. LCFC was only in the game because they converted there chances. I didn't realize Arsenal that many chances and that's my mistake.

At the same time to say United did not look superb today would be ignoring facts.

You mentioned that the Hammers were only 5 points from 17th last year, Leicester was only 4.

Anyone who watched United play could tell they were dominant. West Ham only had one shot on goal and most of their possession was them simply dinking the ball around the back. Every time the Hammers tried to go on the attack, Matic was there to regain possession. Offensively, this was the most creative United have been in quite some time. 

I'm curious were you scoreboard watching or actually watching the game? Because no one in their right mind would right off United's performance as so-so.

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Arsenal played well and I never said they didn't. LCFC was only in the game because they converted there chances. I didn't realize Arsenal that many chances and that's my mistake.

At the same time to say United did not look superb today would be ignoring facts.

You mentioned that the Hammers were only 5 points from 17th last year, Leicester was only 4.

Anyone who watched United play could tell they were dominant. West Ham only had one shot on goal and most of their possession was them simply dinking the ball around the back. Every time the Hammers tried to go on the attack, Matic was there to regain possession. Offensively, this was the most creative United have been in quite some time. 

I'm curious were you scoreboard watching or actually watching the game? Because no one in their right mind would right off United's performance as so-so.

I never said they did not looked good.  I said that game should not be taken as a statement for upcoming season.  Gotta play quality team to know if you are for real or not.

• Pie 1

yeah United looked good.

City looked alright but it's hard to tell against a team parking 10 men behind the ball.

• Pie 1

Different team, same result for United. Another 4-0 win.

Carried possession and play for most of the game as Swansea sat back and defended. 

When Swansea finally came out of their shell in the 80th minute, United buried them with 3 goals in 3 minutes.

Teams are going to slowly learn that you can't play for draws against this United team.

Anywho, great start to the season.

Swansea manager is a moron.  Literally threw the game...  In first half the game is basically 50/50 and United scored first goal on 45th minute from horrible defending by Swansea...  Moron (Swansea manager) panics and changes formation... leaving only 2 CBs to stop United counterattacks.  Where United thrives?  Counterattacks....  What did he do?  Moved defenders forward...  I'd fire his today if I was owner.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Carried possession and play for most of the game as Swansea sat back and defended. 

When Swansea finally came out of their shell in the 80th minute, United buried them with 3 goals in 3 minutes.

Teams are going to slowly learn that you can't play for draws against this United team.

Swansea did not sit back and defend...  Their starting formation had only 3 defenders.  United backline had 4.  It was a 50/50 game until 70th or so minute when Swansea manager reduced their backline to 2 players... I mean... wtf was he thinking?

19 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I think you do not understand how Mourinho teams work...  he parks the bus and dares other teams to go forward so he can hit them with counterattacks.  Mourinho is a father of parking the bus term.  He employs 4-2-3-1 formation with 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders.  Once defense gets the ball back, their job is to move to wingers as fast as possible and not just pass around.  If you look at 8 goals scored by United, at least 6 of them came on counterattacks and 5 of them came in garbage time when manager throws a kitchen sink into attack.  Mourinho system works because he rerally trails BUT if the other team scores first, Mourinho concept becomes a liability.  It's a bend but dont break.

Edited by ARSEN

12 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Swansea did not sit back and defend...  Their starting formation had only 3 defenders.  United backline had 4.  It was a 50/50 game until 70th or so minute when Swansea manager reduced their backline to 2 players... I mean... wtf was he thinking?

They had one shot on goal the entire game.... The formation doesn't matter when you put 9 behind the ball. When Swansea won possession they just tried to send it long to Abraham and they finally figured out that wasn't going to work.

They came out of their shell to try and tie the game and United buried  them. Simple as that.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

They had one shot on goal the entire game.... The formation doesn't matter when you put 9 behind the ball. When Swansea won possession they just tried to send it long to Abraham and they finally figured out that wasn't going to work.

They came out of their shell to try and tie the game and United buried  them. Simple as that.

They had just as many chances as United but Swansea do not have talent upfront to create those chances into goals.  Shots on goals mean nothing... last week Arsenal had 20+ shots and Leicester had 3 and final score was 4-3.  Even commentator said the game was pretty even and he's not sure why Swansea manager changed formation and played right into United hands.