Sign in to follow this  
Saca312

Could Curtis Samuel's Injury Be A Blessing In Disguise?

Saca312    15,116

Over the offseason, the Carolina Panthers have been dealing with injuries. Whether it be shoulder issues, knee issues, or hamstring issues, a decent list of Panthers found themselves on the bikes rather than on the field. Former Buckeyes offensive weapon Curtis Samuel happens to be a part of that group.

With that in mind, many people are already writing off Curtis Samuel as a contributor. After missing so much time, Samuel seems to be an after-thought rather than a big concern. Some even go as far as to say he’ll be lucky to gain any offensive snaps.

However, it appears that may no longer be the case. On Monday, Curtis Samuel practiced in full, participating in wide receiver and team drills. On the field, he didn’t miss a beat, running each assignment masterfully.

Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera had nothing but positive words when describing Curtis Samuel’s performance on Monday. “He looked good,” head coach Ron Rivera commented. “The nice part was that he knew where to line up … knew where to go, knew what his routes were supposed to be.”

Note the part where Rivera says Curtis Samuel knows “where to line up” and “what his routes [are] supposed to be.” For a guy who has missed every practice since the training camp opener, these comments are very encouraging. Not only is he even able to do stuff in practice, Samuel’s playing at a high level.

However, when considering how Curtis Samuel spent his time on the sideline, could Curtis Samuel's injury actually be a good thing? Read below to find out how:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2017/08/22/carolina-panthers-curtis-samuel-injury/

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Hoenheim    1,886

Knowledge is all well and good but I'm most concerned about his chemistry with Cam .  Hope both play on Thursday so I can see if they can work together effectively in a live game against another team. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

SmokinwithWilly    2,544

It's excellent to see that he has spent so much time in the playbook. Some of the GOAT like Manning have spent much of their careers studying film and playbook to help master their craft while others like Jamarcus Russell chose to never study and rely on talent alone . Putting that knowledge onto the field should come much easier for him and make the transition from college to the pros a smoother transition than can be expected from a rookie with an early injury. . 

• Pie 3

RumHam    238

Nope, probably just a bust like every other 2nd round receiver this franchise has ever drafted.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 16
  • 28-3 1

ath3na    14

I have a good feeling about this kid, but I def need to see him out there and his chemistry with Cam & Co.

• Pie 1

csx    7,300

I would rather him had practiced and had a full camp. Given that isn't the case then it's good he did something with that time    though that would be my expectation of anybody regardless.

• Pie 1

mjligon    8,302
1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Nope, probably just a bust like every other 2nd round receiver this franchise has ever drafted.

And now we collectively poop on you

• Pie 2

Meant to quote

Just now, Thunderbird037 said:

That list is short and includes Moose and two guys who are too young to be busts.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Meant to quote this.

• Pie 1

Car123    1,049
2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Muhsin Muhammad