• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MurkN

Damiere Byrd vs Kaelin Clay?

Damiere Byrd vs Kaelin Clay  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have if we can't keep both?

Let's say you have to make the final decision on who makes the team and we can't keep both of them. Who would you take?

Don't care. Doubt either would actually see the field. Probably wouldn't even get a jersey on game day.

I thought something might have clicked with Byrd in that first preseason game but them he pretty much disappeared again.

Byrd-Man.  He has not caught almost everything catchable that has been thrown his way.  Clay has had better punt returns, but I believe Byrd can be just as good on punts.

He is should be receiver #2 or #3, not just #5.

You keep both at this point. The question should be Shepard or Bersin at this point and Shepard should take the spot due to special teams.

4 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Is this really in question?  Dude makes one big play and he's just as good as bird.

He has been pretty solid when given the opportunity. His returns are superior to Byrd's.

The fact is, Byrd simply feasted on a Texans CB who played horrific defense.

Not that I don't like Byrd, but I suspect that if Clay got equal opportunities, he would have made more happen.

Really tough call.  I'd like to keep both somehow, even if that means the PS for one.  I voted Clay as I think he may have higher upside than Byrd. 

It's going to be very tough to keep 6 WR with our thinness at CB, S & DT.  Injuries at those positions may mean we carry 6 CBs or 5 DTs...

My final projection still had KB, Funch, Samuel, Shepard & Byrd as the top 5 receivers.  I wonder now though whether Clay is eligible for PS, and if he is, whether he'd be safe there.  I *think* Byrd might be safe on PS, but hard to say given that he scored several TDs (3?) in preseason.  So this could influence team to keep Clay and PS Byrd.

I expect Bersin to be either IRed, or cut and not picked up by another team, in which case, we will keep him on speed dial in case of injuries... and/or maybe hire him as some kind of assistant coach.

I like them both. I say go 6wrs. We need speed which both provide. If KB goes down does anyone think Funchess can be the man... I hate that we drafted him so high..so he will be kept.. To me it should be between whether we keep Shephard, bersin or Funchess but funchess  will be kept because of draft place and youth.

9 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

excellent question. Kaelin Clay would be my pick, he's just as fast and is a proven return man in this league. 

Not true ^^

I have to go with Byrd. He has made things happen this preseason. Gets good separation and has made some tough catches. Not only does he have speed but runs crisp routes. I know people said he has disappeared in games 2and 3 but look at the QB production. None of the wide receivers could showcase their skill in those games. 

I still like Clay and his effort on special teams but Byrd more as a WR. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Imbacksucker

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts