CarolinaSamurai

Man Whitworth making me regret our choice

I know we think we could have gotten any FA but I have a feeling he may have wanted to play in LA. I liked him as well. Kalil was not my first or second option. 

• Pie 2

Yep, we rolled the dice on the younger Kalil hoping for a long term option instead of pursuing the sure thing stopgap. Doesn't look like that gamble is likely to pay off but we'll see. 

• Pie 7

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, we rolled the dice on the younger Kalil hoping for a long term option instead of pursuing the sure thing stopgap. Doesn't look like that gamble is likely to pay off but we'll see. 

Yeah I'm hopeful for Khalil but man that kinda skill he has is impressive

That's the clip you decided to roll with to highlight how good Whitworth is? He was getting bull rushed straight back into his quarterback and was the only o-lineman giving up ground in that play. I'm sure Whitworth is probably killing it, but that was a strange example to use...

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Joehillttc said:

Man I hated gettleman ever since he cut smitty he was not good he sucked kalil is so bad  Byron bell 2.0 I'll take remmers over his bitch ass someone call oher n see how his brain doing 

Hurney,  you're drunk.  Go home. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

That's the clip you decided to roll with to highlight how good Whitworth is? He was getting bull rushed straight back into his quarterback and was the only o-lineman giving up ground in that play. I'm sure Whitworth is probably killing it, but that was a strange example to use...

You do know the time he gave the qb vs that kind of rush (speed) is impressive. To see a bad example look at Khalil last game. Whitworth doesn't let the guy get around him and slows him down for the pass. He did an amazing job. 

I'd be thrilled with that type of play at LT. He pushed the rusher out wide which is exactly what he needed to do. There was ample room for the QB to step up into a well formed pocket if he had needed. Meanwhile, Kalil had several "look out" blocks on Sunday where he didn't so much as get a hand on the rusher. Honestly, they looked so bad that I think (read: hope) that it was a protection miscommunication due to a last minute change at center.

Yeah he has only given up either one hurry in 3 games or one sack I forgot which one it is. Its crazy at 35 how elite he still is and how many people wanted no parts in bringing him in this off-season. I understand the financial part with him being 35 but hes getting less guaranteed then Kalil for twice the production 

People have been way to down on Kalil. He's not been all pro but he never was expected to be. What he is though is better than rim job and so is Williams. 

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

People have been way to down on Kalil. He's not been all pro but he never was expected to be. What he is though is better than rim job and so is Williams. 

So far it's been a mixed bag. He looked solid and Oher-ish in week one. He looked like a white Byron Bell in week two.