Photo
- - - - -

The Pack Lead for Cothron

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

There is a rumor that he wants to sign during the first signing period. There are 3 teams left in the race. NC State leads over Bama and Tennessee. Once there are 3 teams and a player lists a leader it is usually pretty indicative of where he will sign.

He is ranked 33rd in the class right now (8th overall PF). Rivals says he reminds them of Purvis Ellison. He is a smart scorer with good athletic ability and very active around the hoop. He is supposed to be a GREAT shot-blocker. During his HS season he AVERAGED something like 20 points and 20 boards per game.

He suffered a pretty serious knee injury at the very end of the AAU season and I was actually afraid it might make us back off of him but we kept up with him. He was at one point ranked 9th in the class but his injury and his lack of PT during AAU (due to summer school) caused him to drop in the rankings.

The only thing I am slightly worried about with him is that he could turn into Lorenzo Brown 2.0. There have been rumors that his academics are suspect but his coaches (school and AAU) all swear that he is on track to graduate and matriculate into school in 2010. I'm pretty sure that was one of the reasons he went to summer school LAST summer instead of waiting around till this summer. To me that was a great plan by his mentors (I hate the "mentors" but in this case it was good that they were involved).

Anyways....We already have the 7th best class in the country and landing Cothron would give us arguably 3 top 30 players coming into 2010. Pairing the guards with Howell, Wood, Smith, Gonzo, and Painter would make us a tournament team in 2010 IMO. We are on the right track Wolfpack fans. The biggest key is getting those guards in 2010. Get pumped b/c Cothron is going to be a good one for us if things turn out how I think they will.

Edited by unicar15, 08 October 2009 - 03:14 PM.

#2 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

Well at least I can now look forward to the season after this one, and yeah our guards are so awful.. it's pathetic. It seems our biggest problem was our lack of depth last year, since we'd usually just tank it in the latter half of the 2nd. Hopefully with all these players planning to come here we'll be in contention with all the other big ACC teams.

#3 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

I'd enjoy seeing the NCSU rivalry be something to watch again. They always played us tough even in down years but it just doesn't have the significance that it use to have. Granted i still hate NCSU and hope you lose every game to UNC by 50 but yeah.

#4 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

He committed this morning. Good get for the Pack.

#5 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:29 PM

^ Beat me to it.

With this addition the 2010 class should be SICK. Lowe laid a good foundation with the 2009 class and when '10 comes in we'll have a legitimate team all around (let's just hope we can keep some scholarships open).

#6 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

Been watching a few highlight vids of Harrow and Cothron, they both look pretty sick.

#7 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

We are still recruiting Leslie as well. With Cothron, Harrow, and Brown already coming, CJ Leslie might think even harder about leaving Raleigh. Those 4 are as good of a recruiting class as there could ever be (without be one of the "historical" classes).

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com