rayzor

Lions wary of Cam Newton's running: 'I don’t think he can beat us throwing the ball'

No need to double Olsen if he's injured. Should be easy-peasy, right?

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

Hot Cam would destroy Detroit. Cold Cam is bad against any team. We have no idea what we're going to get from week to week. That's part of the fun.

By fun, you mean this, right??

tenor.gif

• Pie 2

The reason we have a hard time beating teams when the run doesn't open things up for the pass is because Shula doesn't know how to design plays that beats teams solely through the air.

3 hours ago, melvin2345 said:

Patriots pass D: 324 ypg, 69.7% completion, 9.4 ypc, 11 TD, 3 INT, 116.5 passer rating

Lions pass D: 236 pass ypg, 61.4% completion, 7.0 ypc, 4 TD, 7 INT, 71.6 passer rating

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

Yeah,  well,  Stafford isn't exactly Tom Brady either so expect a defense you haven't seen this season.  A real one. 

56 minutes ago, ludwig51 said:

Last time we played Detroit we smashed them like cheap southern hookers

To be fair, that was 3 years ago. Neither team really resembles the 2014 version of themselves. Should be a good game this Sunday.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, melvin2345 said:

To be fair, that was 3 years ago. Neither team really resembles the 2014 version of themselves. Should be a good game this Sunday.

Very true.  Plus it's at *yalls house.  Should be a good game either way. 

*yalls  is how we say you all's or yous giuz. 

23 minutes ago, Vampire the buffet slayer said:

Yeah,  well,  Stafford isn't exactly Tom Brady either so expect a defense you haven't seen this season.  A real one. 

Agreed on the first part. As far as the second part, statistically speaking Carolina is the 4th best passing defense the Lions will have faced, and the 2nd best rushing defense. They don't allow many points on average, but they are allowing a completion percentage of 70.9%. I do worry about Detroit's O-Line though. I don't think Stafford will have time to get comfortable in the pocket, and will have to make things happen with his feet. Between optimistic and nervous, I am certainly leaning toward the latter. But that might just be the default setting for any Lions fan  :)

• Beer 3

6 minutes ago, Vampire the buffet slayer said:

Very true.  Plus it's at *yalls house.  Should be a good game either way. 

*yalls  is how we say you all's or yous giuz. 

Check. I was introduced to that term during BCT at Ft Benning back in 2003. Also introduced to "real" grits and waffle house while I was down there. Can't get either up here in Michigan.

Just now, melvin2345 said:

Check. I was introduced to that term during BCT at Ft Benning back in 2003. Also introduced to "real" grits and waffle house while I was down there. Can't get either up here in Michigan.

Not familiar with Michigan spent time in Wisconsin and Minnesota and if Michigan is anything like the people from those states then I'm sure your good people, just need grits Waffle House and Bojangles. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

Hot Cam would destroy Detroit. Cold Cam is bad against any team. We have no idea what we're going to get from week to week. That's part of the fun.

What's good for us is that good Cam usually comes in streaks, and we go on very long winning streaks. If we win on Sunday and Cam shows out I think we could go on another long run.