Jump to content
Saca312

Film Study: Why Butler's Interception Was The Right Read For Cam & Just An Unfortunate Result

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

That’s exactly why he made that throw, you could see him complaining to the ref after the play. He threw it not to complete the pass, but to draw the flag. 

Then thats even worse judgement than OP is trying to suggest. When has a PI ever been called when a WR is double covered?

Regardless, Funchess was standing by himself with no one within 15 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Then thats even worse judgement than OP is trying to suggest. When has a PI ever been called when a WR is double covered?

Regardless, Funchess was standing by himself with no one within 15 yards.

Yep.....watching this play you can tell they had this play diagnosed from the start..as if they knew he was locked on to Byrd. They were correct.

Edited by csx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


...i was really pizzed about that pic...thought, here we go...down a road to givin the game away.... turning momentum over..etc... thanks for the incite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...i was really pizzed about that pic...thought, here we go...down a road to givin the game away.... turning momentum over..etc... thanks for the incite.

This   was the second game this year I  started watching late and tuned in right before an early pick. We need to quit with those early picks...well...any picks. Too many this year so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of those threads where a casual fan could see it, and honestly think OP is right.  OP could be dumbing down our fan base.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

This is one of those threads where a casual fan could see it, and honestly think OP is right.  OP could be dumbing down our fan base.    

The only ones dumbing down our franchise are those thinking Funchess was actually part of the read and QBs read the whole field on every snap on the regular.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

The only ones dumbing down our franchise are those thinking Funchess was actually part of the read and QBs read the whole field on every snap on the regular.

 

Cool.  I didn't state anything about Funchess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




47 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

The only ones dumbing down our franchise are those thinking Funchess was actually part of the read and QBs read the whole field on every snap on the regular.

 

funchess isn't a read, but everything goes out the window when coverage is blown...especially when it's man to man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

The only ones dumbing down our franchise are those thinking Funchess was actually part of the read and QBs read the whole field on every snap on the regular.

 

not sure how he can not be apart of the read. 

he is on the same side of the field. 

his man has to choose him or byrd to follow. 

every play should have 3 reads. 

for this one, one in the middle, byrd deep and funches for a check down / flats. 

when someone is double covered you look for another WR, plain and simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

not sure how he can not be apart of the read. 

he is on the same side of the field. 

his man has to choose him or byrd to follow. 

every play should have 3 reads. 

for this one, one in the middle, byrd deep and funches for a check down / flats. 

when someone is double covered you look for another WR, plain and simple. 

Oh lord. 

Can people really not understand Byrd wasn’t originally double covered and shouldn’t have been according to that play and Malcolm Butler literally ad-libbed his assignment, which he knew was a decoy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean those of you vehemently denying the idea that there are plenty of one reads and half field reads most if the time aren’t helping yourselves. It just makes you look comically stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, csx said:

Yep.....watching this play you can tell they had this play diagnosed from the start..as if they knew he was locked on to Byrd. They were correct.

And the article goes over exactly that. Shula ran that exact play a drive before and Butler diagnosed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      18,785
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Looking 4Lombardi
    Joined
  • Topics

×