teeray

This is why players are kneeling

Man I remember being at several house-parties that got broken up by the cops. People running all over the place. I don't recall anyone getting shot. We are all white of course, but that probaly isn't relevant here... right?

Terrible. We all knew those pigs wouldn't get punished, though. Sad stuff, and unfortunately with this administration in office, nothing will get done.

2 hours ago, twylyght said:

Chalk up another win for body cams.  Looked for more back story and other footage.  Looks like he has an abrasion on his right forearm.  Officer firing a taser could be corroborated.  Could not hear "I'll cut you" by Harmon nor "I'll fuging shoot you" by Fox.  Audio was too garbled.  More footage showed Harmon getting a bit more upset when they mentioned the previous warrant for aggravated assault.  

Harmon may very well have lost it and done the "suicide by cop" when he didn't actually mean any harm.  He was visibly shaken with the three cops there, and may well have been feeling desperate about life in general.  If the other cop didn't discharge his firearm and trust his partner to tase Harmon down, then I wouldn't be surprised if Harmon would have gotten mental help by now.  This whole thing reeks of a broken man at the end of his rope to me.

I can't assume to know the mind of Fox either.  Who's to say he wasn't scared that Harmon was on his way to finish off the job of domestic assault from a previous warrant?  Maybe Fox had it in his head that he assumed he was in danger long before he actually was.  Without knowing more particulars, it's speculation right now.

you are such a piece of poo

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, twylyght said:

http://slco.org/uploadedFiles/depot/fDistrictAttorney/press_release/L-Rivera, Brown (SLCPD OICI) 17-1004.pdf

Start at page 10

There's no shortage of video out there from all perspectives if anyone wants to get issues of editing out of the way.

lol at the "Facts" section.  Facts from the cops.  Cant hear audio.  Theyre protected trash.  

Sad truth is there won't be any punishment either way for the officers involved.

You already see posters asking why he was running. The attempt to justify is immediate.

Too many people just accept that this is the way the system works and adopt the "what can ya do?" mentality. It's practically the American way.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, rodeo said:

that would have been a great question for a judge and jury to figure out. but cops think they are the judge and jury and executioner now.

This.  Cops job is to enforce the law by apprehending suspects, not judge them or carry out a sentence.  At most a taser should have been used.  He was moving away, even if he had a knife there was no imminent threat.

Awful training, poor decision making and poor situational awareness resulted in a needless shooting.

17 minutes ago, DaanngJohnny said:

lol at the "Facts" section.  Facts from the cops.  Cant hear audio.  Theyre protected trash.  

So you didn't read it.... you probably didn't look for an unedited video either.  Hell, you probably didn't even read what I wrote without picturing a Klansman saying it.

Tell ya what.... pretend I'm David Chapelle and then re-read what I posted

6 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

This.  Cops job is to enforce the law by apprehending suspects, not judge them or carry out a sentence.  At most a taser should have been used.  He was moving away, even if he had a knife there was no imminent threat.

Awful training, poor decision making and poor situational awareness resulted in a needless shooting.

well they did at least try to use a taser (after they executed him)

He also fires a Taser at Harmon, who isn't moving, face down on the ground. Harmon can be heard groaning or crying, perhaps after the Taser is used. His arm appears to be limp when officers attempt to grab it to cuff him.

25 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

you are such a piece of poo

Save for Fox's state of mind, it looks like I'm spot on.  Last I checked, feeling for someone's desperation was sympathy rather than callous detachment

1 minute ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

well they did at least try to use a taser (after they executed him)

If the taser was after the shots fired, it was a fraction of a second.  to insinuate anything else is flatly dishonest.  If you want to embarrass yourself further by arguing otherwise, by all means... have at it