SJTG4

Pretty interesting article.. Worley seems unhappy. Rivera comments.

Kevon Seymour was a steal for a 7th rounder (since we got Clay back). Rex Ryan was high on Seymour last year.

McDermott runs zone (well) and Wilks obviously wanted to go more man-to-man so it has worked out for us.

I still think Worley can be a quality CB, but objectively he has not played well enough not to have competition.

Worley has to be a little more self-aware too. The Panthers have the #1 rated defense so it's hard to question the coaches' decisions.

As Rivera told him straight up, he needs to focus on the quality of the snaps he gets. That is what Worley can control. 

The coaches ultimately decide who is best to be out there on a certain snap to help the team.

• Pie 1

"I Mean if you give up a catch or two, it doesn't define you" ????? ...  lol really!!??!!

I know what he was trying to convey but sometimes it's best to say less.

If I'm in an operating room and the surgeon says if I leave a sponge or two in your body, that doesn't define my skills in this profession... I'm getting the hell out of there.

After studying the playbook, he might want to pick up the 48 Laws of Power. 

Worley has the tools, but his attitude isn't allowing him to focus on improving like he needs to at this critical point. Instead he seems to be blaming others for him not seeing the field. Either work past your issues and lose the entitlement or find the bench.

• Pie 4

Just now, Car123 said:

Hurney Magic

In this case it is for sure.

Atlanta was obviously not expecting the amount of man defense the Panthers played last week, and Seymour was a big part of that 

Just now, Daddy_Uncle said:

yeah well Josh Norman was in riveras dog house for several years and it worked outcfor him

but josh norman flashed potential. worley does not.

his best pass break ups involve him never turning his head to track the ball, flailing his body in front of the receiver praying to not get flagged for pass interference, and  having the ball hit him the the back.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

yeah well Josh Norman was in riveras dog house for several years and it worked outcfor him

Norman kept getting beat going for the ball.  Worley looks lost at times, and is always getting beat deep

Edited by jfra78

14 minutes ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

but josh norman flashed potential. worley does not.

his best pass break ups involve him never turning his head to track the ball, flailing his body in front of the receiver praying to not get flagged for pass interference, and  having the ball hit him the the back.

I'm not saying that Worley will turn it around as josh did but your memory of josh might be a little off. Until he pulled his head out of his ass and started to listen to coaching and learned to play within the system Norman looked fuging awful. I mean terrible and he was rightfully benched because of it.

The only flashes he had shown prior were during drills in training camps and Worley can also say the same.

Again, I don't have hope that Worley's projection will be anywhere near the same.

Edited by Floppin
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 2

Man, I think he is worth keeping around.  Good CB but needs focus.  He isnt that bad.  Everybody keep talking how great Bradberry is but Ive seen him beaten this year too.  Its a tough position and he hasnt been here long.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Norman kept getting beat going for the ball.  Worley looks lost at times, and is always getting beat deep

this.

norman's biggest issue was his selfishness to make his own highlight reel. he put himself before the team.

• Pie 5

He needs to get over it or his gravy train will run out completely.  Melvin White had a good rookie season, struggled his second season, no third season.  Bene Benwikere, good rookie season, breaks leg, torched by Mr faceplant in the endzone for 300 yards, and he's gone.  Worley has shown enough promise that they won't cut him, but if he starts stirring the pot and not being a good soldier, do not doubt for 1 second that he will be blasted off the team.

• Pie 2