thebigcat

Carolina Panthers Depth... Solid!!!

51 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

Watching the Cowboys get annihilated, it gave me pause to thank Gettlemania on the depth he provided to this team.

Kalil goes down- Larsen comes right in and nothing misses a beat

Olsen goes down- Dickson holds the fort

Luke out- can never be replaced but Mayo held his own nicely

Coleman out- Byrd man comes off the street (Marty credit)

Each of these players mentioned are Pro Bowlers - All pro quality and to have a 7-3 squad while we missed that kind of talent.... Hats off to my cold cut buddy Gettie!

Dilly! Dilly!

• Beer 3
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Cam goes down our back up comes in with a wad of tobacco in his lip and can barely tbrow

There is only 1 top tier team right now (Minnesota) that could maybe withstand their staring QB going down. All others would instantly be non contenders. I’d put us as maybe #2 because of our defense. We’ve seen Pittsburgh without Roethlisberger and us without Cam last year.

We need a better backup but QB is the only position on the field where the drop off is so big it’s ridiculous. See GB without Rodgers this year. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Cam goes down our back up comes in with a wad of tobacco in his lip and can barely tbrow

It's twue, it's twue.

As to the OP, I agree with you. I think our depth, especially at OL, RB, TE (Dickon’s been solid), DL and LB was great due to DG and Hurney has added some secondary pieces as well. QB is no chance to really replace Cam but we should work on that.

I do want to throw out some kudos to DG for really working on the OL. Ryan’s been out all year and still we are now gelling with a solid OL. Moton has been solid in the jumbo package and even Van Roten filled in well. Not a big fan of Silatolu but he’s better than Bell and Green so there’s that.

I think our depth will absolutely help in the playoffs not just withstanding injuries but helping people stay fresh and avoid injuries. 

11 hours ago, JARROD said:

So who would be our backup quarterback? 

Maybe soon it would be Dak Prescott,...

Prescott would have been a great option last year. Could have had him instead of Worley. 

• Pie 1