Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NanuqoftheNorth

Neil deGrasse Tyson Cleverly Educates On The Downfall Of Islam

3 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Well Ive asked you a few times and you seem lost.

When do we get the soul.  When a Sperm cell penetrates a egg and divides - is a soul or spirit attached at that moment?  Science can explain that moment all the way up to when heel becomes someone with independent thinking and ability to reason and make decisions.   

spirit...which cannot be mapped but the soul is inherent in the spirit as your emotion intellect and personality are a spirit based function..they map   the functions from a physical perspective but not the actual spirit...it's very similar to the evolution debate in that science can only comment on the continuation but not the original cause...the spirit energizes the physical ...

1 minute ago, heel31ok said:

he spirit as your emotion intellect and personality are a spirit based function..they map

No they are brain based function that we have mapped out.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nn.4135

You have also very much avoided stating if you believe this spirit becomes part of us at conception.

1 minute ago, Fryfan said:

I know some quirks of my grandfather live in my dad and now me..and i see them in our son.

Death is final - people live on through their loved ones and offspring the memories and tendencies of our ancestors past our alive in each one of us.

Agreed, which has nothing to do with an afterlife/heaven. Those quirks you have are either genetic, or the product of quality time spent with your Dad/Grandfather that instilled them into your personality. 

Just now, PanthersBigD said:

Agreed, which has nothing to do with an afterlife/heaven. Those quirks you have are either genetic, or the product of quality time spent with your Dad/Grandfather that instilled them into your personality. 

Exactly my point.

I dont need faith to make me believe I will see a love one afterdeath. I can live my life knowing they are part of who I am and when I die..they will be part of my son..and his family...and friends.

1 minute ago, Fryfan said:

Exactly my point.

I dont need faith to make me believe I will see a love one afterdeath. I can live my life knowing they are part of who I am and when I die..they will be part of my son..and his family...and friends.

Right, but to someone that believes they're actually going to SEE their loved ones again in heaven, 'living on through someone' isn't up to snuff. 

Here is one of the points I am after.

60% -70% of conceptions (egg is fertilized) do not attach to the uterine wall.  Another 10% or so deattach very shortly naturally.

For every 2 children born there was about 8 conceptions that where flushed out via the natural process.  Is this 8 spirits that are lost? Are not given a chance?  Why are we so concerned with abortion when naturally 80% of spirits or souls or whatever dont make it.  

2 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Exactly my point.

You know it’s called DMT induction right? And it happens unless your brain is caved in. It’s also the most powerful drug known to human kind. It also happens every time you sleep and dream. 

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

You know it’s called DMT induction right? And it happens unless your brain is caved in. It’s also the most powerful drug known to human kind. It also happens every time you sleep and dream. 

N-Dimethyltryptamine does exist in trace amounts in the brain.

7 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

I can move onto some specifics of religions.

The adam and eve story.  Please tell us heel how the human origin story reconciles with factual fossil records.

If this story is just a parable or metaphor - how are we to take anything serious in the book at all?

Was the Ark real?

Was the story of Sodom really about homosexuality or a tale about needing to welcome in our neighbors?

yes the story is real... the choice of taking it seriously is each persons own responsibility...read the whole book...yes the ark was real...Sodom was about both those things and more, they were symptoms of a city without righteousness, a rejection of God ...but hey I'm all for a line by line examination again.

3 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

N-Dimethyltryptamine does exist in trace amounts in the brain.

Cool, glad we are on the same page. Carry on. Haha.

10 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

No they are brain based function that we have mapped out.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nn.4135

You have also very much avoided stating if you believe this spirit becomes part of us at conception.

not avoided... the question suggests some separation...so no it does not become a part of us at conception... the spirit is us...

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Gerry9956

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts