• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NanuqoftheNorth

Neil deGrasse Tyson Cleverly Educates On The Downfall Of Islam

7 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

I can move onto some specifics of religions.

The adam and eve story.  Please tell us heel how the human origin story reconciles with factual fossil records.

If this story is just a parable or metaphor - how are we to take anything serious in the book at all?

Was the Ark real?

Was the story of Sodom really about homosexuality or a tale about needing to welcome in our neighbors?

yes the story is real... the choice of taking it seriously is each persons own responsibility...read the whole book...yes the ark was real...Sodom was about both those things and more, they were symptoms of a city without righteousness, a rejection of God ...but hey I'm all for a line by line examination again.

3 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

N-Dimethyltryptamine does exist in trace amounts in the brain.

Cool, glad we are on the same page. Carry on. Haha.

10 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

No they are brain based function that we have mapped out.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nn.4135

You have also very much avoided stating if you believe this spirit becomes part of us at conception.

not avoided... the question suggests some separation...so no it does not become a part of us at conception... the spirit is us...

1 minute ago, heel31ok said:

yes the story is real... the choice of taking it seriously is each persons own responsibility...read the whole book...yes the ark was real...Sodom was about both those things and more, they were symptoms of a city without righteousness, a rejection of God ...but hey I'm all for a line by line examination again.

The choice of taking it seriously - a story about placing 2 animals of every type in a boat for 40 day and nights.

You are pulling my leg right - honestly you are beyond help.

not avoided... the question suggests some separation...so no it does not become a part of us at conception... the spirit is us...

and 80% of us never enter the world.  And you are taking up time worry about abortion on non sentient beings.

Why no focus on the 80%?

Just now, Fryfan said:

The choice of taking it seriously - a story about placing 2 animals of every type in a boat for 40 day and nights.

You are pulling my leg right - honestly you are beyond help.

wow.. that's not what it says...it's way beyond that. Know the account before you try to spread it. So you studied this is College ? If you want to talk about it at least get it right.You may not believe it which is your choice. 

Just now, Fryfan said:

and 80% of us never enter the world.  And you are taking up time worry about abortion on non sentient beings.

Why no focus on the 80%?

Because people need something they can control or they lose their grip on that sprit. Duh.

5 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

"Billy, run down the street and grab those two gorillas, both of the copperheads, and make damn sure you get those arctic foxes.  Oh, and for Heaven's sake make sure to check the sex....we don't need two silverbacks in here."

Just now, heel31ok said:

wow.. that's not what it says...it's way beyond that. Know the account before you try to spread it. So you studied this is College ? If you want to talk about it at least get it right.You may not believe it which is your choice. 

I grew up methodist.  I was attended sunday school from pre - k through high school, was a youth leader as I got older and very active in my church.

In college I studied other faiths along with many other items.  As my knowledge grew my understanding of how we as humans are humans grew and I learned the basis of religions.  With knowledge I was easily able to say I dont need faith - I know who we are and how we function and happy to dedicate time to continuing to gain that knowledge.

Knowledge in its purest form replaces faith and will eventually advance us.  

1 minute ago, Fryfan said:

Why no focus on the 80%?

you are good at making up your own scenarios...this is all you...i was just answering your questions...I never mentioned any of that before.. i dont think i have ever commented on abortion on here.

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Because people need something they can control or they lose their grip on that sprit. Duh.

So no research into harvesting conceived eggs to give them a better shot?

We can do that harvest and grow outside a womb- we have the technology.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

"Billy, run down the street and grab those two gorillas, both of the copperheads, and make damn sure you get those arctic foxes.  Oh, and for Heaven's sake make sure to check the sex....we don't need two silverbacks in here."

who is billy...

you are good at making up your own scenarios...this is all you...i was just answering your questions...I never mentioned any of that before.. i dont think i have ever commented on abortion on here.

Abortion is a topic in which faith and religion are informing decisions and not scientific fact.