Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SetfreexX

Norv Turner on Mike Wallace - Free Agent WR Option?

Recommended Posts



We should be exploring all options. I've seen enough of trying to get cute, and hit big on marginal players with potential but nothing else. We need proven talent. Guys like Johnson, Shepard, Underwood, etc are not what we need. We have HOF level talent in our core right now. Get a legit playmaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't make this change and invest in a guy like Norv Turner (I'm sure he wasn't cheap) without getting the guys he needs to run his offense. We already have some key elements in place but a field stretching receiver like Wallace is an obvious need. Curtis Samuel flashed some promise and has elite speed, but it's too early to tell what he's capable of or bet our ability to execute a vertical offense on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funchess / Wallace/ Samuel / Byrd / Draft / Draft <<< I would be happy with that. A receiver in the middle rounds, and a flier on one late to be the 6th receiver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we could somehow get Landry and Wallace, we’d be set. Landry will get overpaid by some team this year tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Funchess / Wallace/ Samuel / Byrd / Draft / Draft <<< I would be happy with that. A receiver in the middle rounds, and a flier on one late to be the 6th receiver.

Funchess isn't a number one. We will make a mistake if we expect him to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'mm certain this is the offseason we get Cam some weapons. Norv probably wouldn't have come here if we couldnt get him weapons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

If we could somehow get Landry and Wallace, we’d be set. Landry will get overpaid by some team this year tho. 

You must not heard the Landry is looking to break the bank?

Even his agent said he is not taking a discount to stay in Miami. Landry will get 14 mil a year. Not even a player on our radar imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Funchess isn't a number one. We will make a mistake if we expect him to be

Tbh I don’t think this offense needs a WR1.

We need diverse playmakers. We need a proven veteran who will make plays beside Funchess and Samuel. I’m all for someone who’s moderately priced but has a proven record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Saca312 said:

Tbh I don’t think this offense needs a WR1.

We need diverse playmakers. We need a proven veteran who will make plays beside Funchess and Samuel. I’m all for someone who’s moderately priced but has a proven record.

We need speed and reliable hands. That combination is never cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

We need speed and reliable hands. That combination is never cheap

I'm tired of people talking about not spending too much after we backed up a brinks truck to Matt Kalil and let Ginn walk to NO for peanuts.

Get some proven talent. If we piss away Cam and Luke's prime nobody is going to be worried about the money. Open the wallet now and make a run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind him but I like Donte Moncrief better. With a healthy Qb, Donte catches 60-62% of passes thrown to him compared to 58% with Mike Wallace. In comparison, Antonio Brown catches 68% passes thrown his way, Julio Jones catches 64-67% passes thrown his way when healthy.

 

Of course, it depends on the routes they have you run too. Ted Ginn caught 75.7% of passes thrown his way this season, a career high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

You must not heard the Landry is looking to break the bank?

Even his agent said he is not taking a discount to stay in Miami. Landry will get 14 mil a year. Not even a player on our radar imo.

Yeah he will go to another trash team for a huge pay day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I'm tired of people talking about not spending too much after we backed up a brinks truck to Matt Kalil and let Ginn walk to NO for peanuts.

Get some proven talent. If we piss away Cam and Luke's prime nobody is going to be worried about the money. Open the wallet now and make a run.

I'm all for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,360
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Subzero
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      141,034
    • Total Posts
      4,494,120
×