Jeremy Igo

Soooo... which RB will Hurney be selecting in round 1?

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Everette Brown had a lot to do with Ron Meeks being our DC at the time. 

Meeks had come over from the Colts and was looking for a DE in the mold of Dwight Freeney.

Brown did not turn out to be in that mold.

It's unfortunate. Some just don't work out. Hurney to his credit has done well when he has a true first-round choice. He'll get a pretty good chance to get a good player despite our high position. Whether you believe in this QB class or not, there's just too many teams with QB needs and aging QBs. 5-6 QBs within the 1st round could happen.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

It's also been claimed as fact several times. He said, she said, but ....if you trade your #1 pick 2 years in a row, and people say you tried to do it again, it seems more than plausible. It seems like a trend.

Not meaning to jump in the middle of your argument, but it was never stated as fact by anyone other than fans. No report or official source ever said Hurney offered that first pick. In fact, they said just the opposite, he refused to give up that first pick. That’s why the trade never happened. 

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

It’d be nice to hit on some studs like Vernon Butler

Vernon Butler played well this year.  If you look at his snap count, he was averaging playing 35% or better over the second half of the season.  Those are solid numbers, given that he was playing behind Short and Star.  It will be interesting to see if we think Butler is good enough to let Star go.  

• Pie 1

Not sure about taking him in the 1st round, but I LOVE Sony Michel from Georgia. I knew he was good, but watching him in the SEC Championship, Rose Bowl, and the National Championship sold me on him as a legit NFL RB prospect. He'd be a great back to pair with CMC. I know Chubb gets a lot of the headlines and attention, but there's no doubt in my mind that Michel was the best RB on Georgia's roster and the most pro-ready.

Picking him 24th overall could be a reach, but either trading up in the 2nd round (using one of our 3rd's) OR trading down in the 1st (and picking up another 3rd) would be good options, IMO.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Not sure about taking him in the 1st round, but I LOVE Sony Michel from Georgia. I knew he was good, but watching him in the SEC Championship, Rose Bowl, and the National Championship sold me on him as a legit NFL RB prospect. He'd be a great back to pair with CMC. I know Chubb gets a lot of the headlines and attention, but there's no doubt in my mind that Michel was the best RB on Georgia's roster and the most pro-ready.

Picking him 24th overall could be a reach, but either trading up in the 2nd round (using one of our 3rd's) OR trading down in the 1st (and picking up another 3rd) would be good options, IMO.

I second this. I’m not really sold on the WR’s in this draft. Ridley is the only one I’ll take. Right now the options I’m looking at 24 is Josh Jackson (who might not be available), Derrius Guice (same as Jackson), and Arden Key (whose off field stuff scare me a bit). Maybe an OT like Mike McGlinchey to replace Kalil next year.

Besides that, not really liking our options right now. So I wouldn’t mind trading back for Michel or another player and picking up an additional pick.

On 1/19/2018 at 2:06 PM, AU-panther said:

I really think we might. 

Several reasons why:

Turner's offense needs one.

Looks like there are several that might carry high enough grades to be considered where we are picking.

Rookie RBs usually contribute quicker then other positions.  Important when you might be on a one year interview.

Good point.  I think a first rounder is the pick if Hurney releases Stewart, which is probably something he should do if you look at production.  However, that usually means  Stewart will get a 6-year extension at $8m per and join Jake Delhomme and Charles Johnson in the HURNEY RING OF HONOR. 

On 1/19/2018 at 8:31 PM, theballboy said:

Michel will be a problem in the NFL. With a strong combine, I wouldnt Be surprise seeing him go in the 1st

Completely agree. Some are speaking of a power back like the back has to be only good at running between the tackles to complement CMac. Sony can run between the tackles, has an uncanny burst for the home run, and is a better blocker and receiver than Chubb. A complete back like him gives nothing away in terms of playcalling vs. CMac or both being on the field. That’s what I want. And I’m willing to take it in the late 1st RD or early 2nd if we trade back.

• Pie 1

Hurney has been gold in the 1st and 2nd rounds for the most part. I hope we will draft Sony Michel at some point in the draft. 

1 hour ago, Malt Liquor said:

Hurney has been gold in the 1st and 2nd rounds for the most part. I hope we will draft Sony Michel at some point in the draft. 

Hurney gold in the second round?

You sure about that?

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hurney gold in the second round?

You sure about that?

people don’t remember how poo this guy was

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

people don’t remember how poo this guy was

I mean yeah he's nothing special but at least we know he drafts better than Gettleman. At least we can count on a good 1st rounder.

25 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I mean yeah he's nothing special but at least we know he drafts better than Gettleman. At least we can count on a good 1st rounder.

And 80% of the players selected after that selling insurance two years later.