• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace_Aladdin

3rd round pick for Norman

Trade  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Trade 3rd round pick for Josh Norman

Looks like Redskins are looking for a 3rd round pick for a Josh Norman trade scenario.

I would definitely do it with the extra 3rd round pick from KB trade.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/CBS-Sports-Jason-La-Canfora-suggests-Josh-Norman-trade-for-Patriots-115476666

5a87823625424_ScreenShot2018-02-16at8_14_30PM.thumb.png.85eb63b25f8388ad571234b25d4e57d9.png

Point being is if we don't spend the money on a big FA we should be resigning Norwell/Star.

If you don’t use the money to bring in FA then extend your own  players.

I doubt that there is a FA worth the money that would have the same impact on this team as Norwell does. 

You just don’t acquire any players  certain players in certain systems are what you call  “ Force Multiplier”.

@Jeremy Igo

For Instance getting a 2nd TE like  Barnidge would improve Matt Kalil, CAMs & RBs production with his ability to do multiple things like catch the ball, pass protect against blitzes , DEs, chip block, Run Block , screens, etc 

No trade, would rather wait for them to cut him and then sign him.

With a trade we are on the hook with his current contract where he is due 13.9 million next year,  then 24 over his final 2 years.

What an idiotic move that would be.  You get stuck with a huge contract and lose a pick for a 30+ CB.

Just wait a couple of weeks and he'll be on the market.   This happens every year.

26 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Looks like Redskins are looking for a 3rd round pick for a Josh Norman trade scenario.

I would definitely do it with the extra 3rd round pick from KB trade.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/CBS-Sports-Jason-La-Canfora-suggests-Josh-Norman-trade-for-Patriots-115476666

5a87823625424_ScreenShot2018-02-16at8_14_30PM.thumb.png.85eb63b25f8388ad571234b25d4e57d9.png

Then we'd get stuck with that ridiculous salary

13 minutes ago, ncfan said:

No trade, would rather wait for them to cut him and then sign him.

With a trade we are on the hook with his current contract where he is due 13.9 million next year,  then 24 over his final 2 years.

I agree 100%,but the only thing is... I doubt there is seriously NOBODY willing to give up a 3rd that has more cap space then us. I'd love for us to to do it, then see if he'd rework his contact into a more team friendly one

Nothing in that article suggests that the Redskins are looking for a 3rd rounder. 

And I wouldn't trade a 7th for him unless he'd sign a new contract with us for fairly less than the current one.