• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jangler

How can you tell you are watching a bad sitcom? (MASH excluded)

the laugh track.

not to say there weren't a couple of good jokes.

big flaw: you have to read the Bible to live by the Bible, and then disregard half of it. 

I counted big bang one time.  116 laugh track laughs in a 18 minute or whatever it is episode. 

11 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Found the old person.

Maybe.

Or maybe there are much better shows elsewhere.... Ray Donovan, Shameless, Divorce, Silicon Valley, The Trade, The Chi, etc.....

my wife loves Shameless and I want to love it because William Macy is the greatest. But everyone in the show is pretty much irredeemable and there's not enough laughing and too much thinking about how they are screwing over that poor little red haired girl among others.

18 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Gotta be honest- I watch maybe 2 shows on network TV.

60 Minutes a couple times a month and Shark Tank.

I'm always looking for a good comedy. Sadly there are very few anymore. 

Superstore is awesome.

LA to Vegas has potential for a season or two.

I mean, Seinfeld had a laugh track but was amazing.    But yeah most of the time, they are lame.    Once you realize it's there, you can't ignore it lol.

Not a lot of good comedies lately, but Silicon Valley still kills me, as well as Always Sunny.

Once, a long time ago, I was on acid and for some reason, the laugh track of a show was really intriguing me.

12 hours ago, PanthaSan said:

Once, a long time ago, I was on acid and for some reason, the laugh track of a show was really intriguing me.

I know laugh tracks have and always will be a part of most sitcoms. and it's harder to catch on to them nowadays. There is one laugh on MASH that sounds like the water going down a drain. replayed forever and I hear it all the time. 

probably acid.