• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Captain Morgan

Panthers are 24 million under the cap

7 minutes ago, Toomers said:

True. But if it isn’t one, then we have another big hole to fill. One that most had already penciled in at DE. Plus whatever we spend on backup QB. Then we are going to throw away 5M in a couple hours. Still have no FS. We don’t have nearly the cap room people think. If you want a WR like Watkins or Robinson, That’s going to be about all we get.

Yeah...

I think I'm going to go watch some old highlights to help me feel better.

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

Still waiting on that Shep cut...

I'm pretty sure it will come in June. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Toomers said:

True. But if it isn’t one, then we have another big hole to fill. One that most had already penciled in at DE. Plus whatever we spend on backup QB. Then we are going to throw away 5M in a couple hours. Still have no FS. We don’t have nearly the cap room people think. If you want a WR like Watkins or Robinson, That’s going to be about all we get.

That's not a big hole. We chose a long time ago to make Mario Addison our guy. Peppers is just a role player. We have 15 million to spend easily and all contracts should be back loaded. Hurney is actually decent in FA contracts so we should get a WR, CB, and Florence out of FA. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

That's not a big hole. We chose a long time ago to make Mario Addison our guy. Peppers is just a role player. We have 15 million to spend easily and all contracts should be back loaded. Hurney is actually decent in FA contracts so we should get a WR, CB, and Florence out of FA. 

Back-loaded? Like Matt Kalil’s? Yep. That was a good idea. Who we really start to pay big money to next year(and the year after) where everyone wants to back load theses contracts. Peppers is a role player who gave us 11 sacks and consistent pressure for 4M. Where you going to find that for the same price? 

9 minutes ago, Toomers said:

exactly. 

We have 18-24m to spend.  Some of that cap room will be spent on the higher draft picks that make more than the minimum.  We also need about 10m because Hurney loves to burn cap by putting guys on IR.  It would be nice to carry some of this over to help pay Funchess, Shaq, and Williams next year.

Meanwhile we need K, S, QB2, DT (rotational), RB, WR, TE2, LG (Moton?), and DE (hopefully Peppers=4m).  How many starters can we realistic get from the draft? We will likely need rookie starters at RB, S, K, and TE2 at a minimum. 

But spending 12m on a Watkins/Robinson, 5m on Gano, 4m on Peppers, etc. is just not realistic.  If we see a Watkins or Robinson signing, I can almost guarantee we will be cutting Ryan Kalil.

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Back-loaded? Like Matt Kalil’s? Yep. That was a good idea. Who we really start to pay big money to next year(and the year after) where everyone wants to back load theses contracts. Peppers is a role player who gave us 11 sacks and consistent pressure for 4M. Where you going to find that for the same price? 

You do realize we have maybe one or two more years until this team will undergo a complete rebuild? Peppers got those 11 sacks from KK and Addison applying pressure. Not only that but we blitzed so much those numbers were inflated. Look at sacks then look at how many turnovers we caused. If peppers is back great but if he isn't we have a young DE waiting to get those reps. Let's not forget either we will add another role player to replace a non existing CJ from last year. 

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

You do realize we have maybe one or two more years until this team will undergo a complete rebuild? Peppers got those 11 sacks from KK and Addison applying pressure. Not only that but we blitzed so much those numbers were inflated. Look at sacks then look at how many turnovers we caused. If peppers is back great but if he isn't we have a young DE waiting to get those reps. Let's not forget either we will add another role player to replace a non existing CJ from last year. 

Why would we have a complete rebuild? I gotta here this.

Just now, Toomers said:

Why would we have a complete rebuild? I gotta here this.

We are one of the oldest teams in the league for one. Number two we will have new ownership that will want to shape the team there way. 

So after ganos deal were at what now?

Damn if we are already down to less than 20 mil in space before we sign any free agents. Our cap problems is mainly with the kalil bros , hopefully both are gone after 2018 season. 

37 minutes ago, Snake said:

We are one of the oldest teams in the league for one. Number two we will have new ownership that will want to shape the team there way. 

And how many of those old players are key players? Not hard to replace overpriced vets. Ownership isn’t going to rip apart anything but the FO. Tell me who we are losing that isn’t replaceable? You made the statement. What is there to back that up?

Ok, with the Gano deal, we have $20m. roughly.

• Sign a WR--$8m.  (Guessing that is about what Wallace or Richardson will cost)
  • Sign Peppers-$3.5m (guessing he wants to stay home)
  • Sign a S -$4m (Brooks or McDouglad,  maybe)
  • Sign a rotational DT for about $4m
  • Sign Joe Webb QB/WR/ST at vet min $1.5m

That would leave us with CB, S, G/C, TE, DE, RB, G or something close

That is about all we can do....unless you cut Ryan Kalil.

Edited by MHS831

I think two things have to happen to bring in a good (see: Watkins, Sammy; Moncrief, Donte), not mediocre (see: Shepard, Russell; Avant, Jason)....

- Cut Russell Shepard ($2M savings)

- Ryan Kalil paycut down to $5M ($4.6M savings)

This equates to an extra $6.6M for us to spend in FA, putting us at ~$27M after Gano signing to go out and get Peppers, WR1, SAF, QB2, etc. 

Hell, I'd cut Colin Jones and Fozzy to add an extra $2.2M if need be as well..... now we're almost back up to that $30M number. 

Amazing that had we not shipped Benjamin off for the 3rd round pick we were slated to have less than 7 million in room coming into this offseason. 

8.5 MM- freed up from Benjamin trade

9.6 MM- freed up from cutting Stewart, Coleman and CJ. 

Total saved between those 4 moves = 17.1 Million. 

2 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Amazing that had we not shipped Benjamin off for the 3rd round pick we were slated to have less than 7 million in room coming into this offseason. 

8.5 MM- freed up from Benjamin trade

9.6 MM- freed up from cutting Stewart, Coleman and CJ. 

Total saved between those 4 moves = 17.1 Million. 

We didn’t have trade KB. That money wasn’t guaranteed. If we didn’t trade him, we could have just let him walk for nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

We didn’t have trade KB. That money wasn’t guaranteed. If we didn’t trade him, we could have just let him walk for nothing. 

True but I think the 3rd round pick trumps the nothing part all day. We would have had to cut him, hence killing any chance of a comp pick for him.