• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Official Round 1 Prediction Thread - time to sound off

1. No

2. DJ Moore

3. The huddle has almost 20,000 members now. We'll get at least 100 complaints. It'll seem like a lot, bc everyone bitches about everything on here, but still less than half a percent

1) No

2) Hayden Hurst

3) 73% because so and so was still on the board. 

Rodrique continuing to mentioned Reid makes me think he's the pick at 24 unless the draft shakes out in our favor.  By in our favor, one of these guys we've mentioned still has to be there...

Josh Jackson, Jaire Alexander, Calvin Ridley, Harold Landry (haven't been linked to as much, but Huddle wants).  If none of those guys are there, I think Hurney is deciding between Reid and Hurst.

Either will help the team, but both could be reaches at 24 and make the Huddle riot. 

a rb and wr can be there in the 2nd. I want Sutton but I think we get a DB in the 1st.

Ballange in the 4th would be awesome.

21 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Rodrique continuing to mentioned Reid makes me think he's the pick at 24 unless the draft shakes out in our favor.  By in our favor, one of these guys we've mentioned still has to be there...

Josh Jackson, Jaire Alexander, Calvin Ridley, Harold Landry (haven't been linked to as much, but Huddle wants).  If none of those guys are there, I think Hurney is deciding between Reid and Hurst.

Either will help the team, but both could be reaches at 24 and make the Huddle riot. 

I dont think Reid is a reach at 24. The only other saftey projected to go ahead of him is Derwin James . Reid is likely LONG gone by the time we pick in the 2nd. We'd have to trade up to get him in the 2nd . 

I dont want anything to do with Alexander. Undersized, underweight, frail, and not physical enough. Landry is built like a LB, we really struggle to play 4-3 DE methinks. 

Edited by Hoenheim

On 4/23/2018 at 10:11 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Welcome to draft week.

It is now time to sound off on round 1 of the draft.

Answer these three questions:

1. Do the Panthers trade up or down in the first?

2. Who do they select?

3. What percentage of the Huddle will complain?

Most accurate answer gets a prize.

The pick is Mike McGlinchey in the 1st.

1. Do the Panthers trade up or down in the first? Yes, they trade down with the Patriots. Panthers move back to #31 in the first, also grab the late 2nd round, 63rd pick from the Patriots. Panthers use one of their extra 2nds and 3rds to trade up in the early 2nd round. Side note, Patriots grab Lamar Jackson at 24.

2. Who do they select? With the 31st overall pick, Panthers select G Will Hernandez.

3. What percentage of the Huddle will complain? 25%. There are always haters. Reminiscent of the 2007 draft, Panthers move back and grab a day 1 starter. Moving up in the 2nd, the Panthers grab a top ranked CB that fell out of the 1st round. They select a RB and S in the late 2nd and late 3rd round. 

Edited by hepcat

On 4/24/2018 at 1:16 PM, Mother Grabber said:

haven't people been sounding off on these topics for the last three months?

practice

• Pie 1

1. Do the Panthers trade up or down in the first? Nah. It'd be too complicated

2. Who do they select?  24 - CB Jaire Alexander. Probably the second best corner from this draft. If he falls to our pick, he should be the guy. Hughes makes no sense considering his poor history in the Carolinas, but Alexander has good connections here. He's both a good player and a guy with roots here. Perfect pairing.

3. What percentage of the Huddle will complain? Around 20%. Half here won't even know who Jaire is or how good he actually is anyways, so they'll be neutral. The other will complain we didn't get geriatric nursing home resident 89 year old Hayden Hurst, and the others will just troll around. 

However, most will probably be neutral and more or less looking up more on him. I'll be spreading propaganda as usual.

I've held off making a prediction since my internet was so awful most of the past month... Until the past few days I could hardly have told you more than 2 or 3 prospects we're interested in who might fall to 24.

But having been able to read a few mocks and other analysis, I'll predict Ragnow. I think the hole at LG combined with Ryan Kalil's looming retirement makes that a HUGE need and Ragnow looks to be a good guy to fill it.  Of course he may not be there at 24... If not, I'll predict a CB.  Maybe Alexander.

Really would love to add guys like D. Hamilton, Shaqem Griffen and maybe the UVA QB (forget his name right now) in later rounds...

On 4/25/2018 at 9:28 PM, BigWoody said:

1. No

2. DJ Moore

3. The huddle has almost 20,000 members now. We'll get at least 100 complaints. It'll seem like a lot, bc everyone bitches about everything on here, but still less than half a percent

Winner winner

• Beer 1