• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ecu88

Cheer my Mom's Death declaration by her Doc gave this week.

Our time on this rocks is limited and no one cannot predict the future. I hope that you find peace and can enjoy the time you all have together. You cannot control what happens in life but you can control how you react and treat others. 

• Pie 5

We have some of the @Gazi train in here.  He should be primed for a thread like this.

I know you've made some weird threads in here touting your support for our President.  That doesn't mean anyone here wishes bad on anyone.  Hopefully, you understand that everyone here is passionate because they feel they are on the correct side.  The truth is we're on the same side and we should all hold ourselves accountable for each other.  We need to take care of each other.  I hope you can use the compassion you have for your mother and spread it all around.  Use your experience with the current healthcare system and your mom's diagnosis to try and write your congressperson to give some ideas on how we can fix the machine that is healthcare in this country.  We are alumni, from different times, but our school represents the good in the world.  Our motto, "Servire" is written on my wall.  Reminds me everyday what i'm here to do.  Serve.  

Snarkiness aside @ecu88 I hope you have friends and family to lean on, talk to during this shitty time.

My mom was diagnosed with stage four appendix cancer out of the blue last October. It's been a bitch and a gut punch of unimaginable proportions at times, but having a solid support system where you can let out feelings and talk through it helps a bunch. One of the hardest parts for me is not knowing what's going on or having a solid plan. At this point, I'd take five years from the doctor. My mom just finished her 12th round of chemo and is scheduled for a major surgery at the end of this month. Having a plan makes things much easier to digest. If I remember correctly, your mom had a much dire prognosis when this all started, so there's reason to believe five years could turn in to much more. I hope your family finds some peace dealing with all of this.

Edited by Cary Kollins
  • Pie 1

Damn @ecu88.  I didn't look at this yesterday, but fug man.  Get help.

I hope you and your mother can enjoy whatever time she has left.  I hope you can also find some peace.  I am sorry you are so angry.

this isn't about your mother this is about getting attention for yourself 

• Pie 6

This is truly bizarre.  I hope the best for your mom. 

This OP is feeling a bit more creepy.   Doctors dont normally give "5 years to live".  If someone is thought to have a fatal illness its normally months - maybe a year or two but 5 years is extended out a bit too far.

What 5 years is -is considered a survival rate when measuring most cancers.  Survival rates are determined by the % of people that live 5 years past diagnosis.   So say stage 3 lung cancer - 60% of those diagnosis are alive 5 years later, that % is what is considered surviving the disease.  Cancer may still kill them but they beat the initial diagnosis.  

I am not sure if the op is just making this up or is completely confused that his mom was given a 5 year survival rate and the OP thinks that means 5 years to live.   If that is the case his mom may very well beat it and live quite a bit longer, or his mom could die in a significantly shorter period of time then "5 years".

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Fryfan said:

This OP is feeling a bit more creepy.   Doctors dont normally give "5 years to live".  If someone is thought to have a fatal illness its normally months - maybe a year or two but 5 years is extended out a bit too far.

I have two good friends being taken off life support in the next 24 hours. One was given a month. The other was in a coma before ER got there. 5 years is not a doctors opinion. I call bullshit.

18 hours ago, PhillyB said:

this isn't about your mother this is about getting attention for yourself 

EveryRightCockroach-max-1mb.gif

18 hours ago, Fryfan said:

What 5 years is -is considered a survival rate when measuring most cancers.  Survival rates are determined by the % of people that live 5 years past diagnosis.   So say stage 3 lung cancer - 60% of those diagnosis are alive 5 years later, that % is what is considered surviving the disease.  Cancer may still kill them but they beat the initial diagnosis.  

I am not sure if the op is just making this up or is completely confused that his mom was given a 5 year survival rate and the OP thinks that means 5 years to live.   If that is the case his mom may very well beat it and live quite a bit longer, or his mom could die in a significantly shorter period of time then "5 years".

probably, "she could live 5 more years"  

Cherish everyday you have. I know it's hard to do day to day, but that is where a base or a Rock in your life will save it.