• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

NJPanthers12

Steve Smith bullied Cam Newton his rookie season?

3 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Has anyone seen or heard anything in this? Rick Bonnell posted something on twitter that he heard an interview with Ben Hartstock claiming Smith use to bully Cam in the locker room his rookie season.

i was then listening to WFNZ this morning and MAC teased the story, but I had to get into a meeting at work. I cannot find any information on this anywhere.

Is this breaking news?  89 use to flat out assault people.  A minimum of 3 and old beat writers use to always allude to potentially more.  89 bulled tons of folks.   He had two personalities.  That has always been very clear.  

It would be breaking news 89 hadn't bulled people. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Yep 5’9 Smith bullied the 6’5 250 pound number 1 pick QB. Rumor has it Smith bullied Cam into making the under armor commercial together.

what does size have to do with it? 

Not bringing politics in it, but in the world of Trump people seem to have forgotten how to deal with bullies.  

You know who bullies often go hard at?  Dudes they know ain't gonna do something about it.   You know who isn't gonna go hard at the old vet a-hole leader? A rookie coming into the NFL with more on his shoulders than probably any rookie to date at that time.  

89 was a real bully.  Real bullies know who they can give it too and often has literally nothing to do with how person A vs person B matchup in a boxing match. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

smith was that annoying twat at the office that thinks they run the show

well actually he kinda did bc he’s a classic manipulator in the sense that he buddied up with the owner 

too bad nobody put him in his place during all those years when he was young enough that there was still hope for his ability to lead a locker room

There has always been a bit of a grey area on what constitutes “rookie treatment/hazing/bullying” . 

Most times that is highly subjective and varies depending on the individual. 

Bullying, or just the somewhat normal crap that veterans give rookies, albeit with a added steve smith twist.  If its the latter, then who cares?  If its the former, then the team should have done something about it.  But the odds are its the latter.  

Here's Bonnell's tweet. Can't find the podcast he's referring to. The one in the reddit thread is from 1/20/2016. It may be part of the Marty & McGee podcasts from 6/16/2018 because Google references Ben Hartsock in them. Don't know if hour 1 or 2. Don't have time to listen so if someone does, have at it. http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=23810585

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

Here's Bonnell's tweet. Can't find the podcast he's referring to. The one in the reddit thread is from 1/20/2016. It may be part of the Marty & McGee podcasts from 6/16/2018 because Google references Ben Hartsock in them. Don't know if hour 1 or 2. Don't have time to listen so if someone does, have at it. http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=23810585

so all we need is a vivid and illustrative summary

1 minute ago, motocross_cat said:

Cam vs steve 

Who you got?

Steve all day. Cam may be bigger, maybe even stronger, but Steve can get that crazy look in his eye where he can go to a very dark place.

6 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Cam vs steve 

Who you got?

Steve. If I remember correctly, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, none of the teammates hit by Steve Smith knew it was coming when it happened.

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

The irony is a lot of the biggest Cam apologist around here are also some of the biggest Smith worshipers.

Elaborate.

6 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Elaborate.

What is there to elaborate about?  There are a lot of people around here that thought the team did a disservice to Cam by getting rid of Smith.

According to some (speculation) Smith did a disservice to Cam.  If you are a fan of Cam how are you also a fan of the person who made Cam's life harder?

Edited by AU-panther

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

What is there to elaborate about?  There are a lot of people around here that thought the team did a disservice to Cam by getting rid of Smith.

According to some (speculation) Smith did a disservice to Cam.  If you are a fan of Cam how are you also a fan of the person who made Cam's life harder?

I just wanted you to elaborate on your implied irony. "Cam apologist" made it sound like you were comparing the two ( Cam and Smith) in the irony.

Anyhow, I think the people you are referencing tend to separate the player on the field from their off field or teammate relationships.

Edited by Floppin

5 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I just wanted you to elaborate on your implied irony. "Cam apologist" made it sound like you were comparing the two ( Cam and Smith) in the irony.

Anyhow, I think the people you are referencing tend to separate the player on the field from their off field or teammate relationships.

But should they separate it?  the off the field stuff can contribute to the winning and losing as much as the on the field stats