Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reality Check For Dookies!

40 posts in this topic

Posted

This is why Tweeder is the only cogent UNC fan on this site.

fug why do you have to use words I have no clue what they are

*gets dictionary*

oh ok...I thought you cursed at me in a different language

Dook lives and dies by the three, will that ever change?? Probably not!! Will that beat Carolina later in the season?? I hope not, but more than likely one of those guys will have a career high 30 some odd points, because they were 8-11 from downtown

ughh I love when Dook loses, but please guys show a little class

Posted

Quite simply, you are the most ignorant basketball fan that I have seen post on this board.

Coach K isn't going to make any adjustments? You're probably right. It's obvious from your post that you know more about basketball than him, so maybe you should email him and give him some pointers!

"they lack the athleticism, size and skill to match up with the big boys"...Really? Gerald Henderson might be the best athlete in the country. Singler is one of the most skilled players in the country. And hang with the big boys? Is that serious? Regular season losses in college basketball mean nothing, and most of the time make teams better in the long run. Hang with the big boys...haha...what a joke.

Finally, why would you take the ball out of Scheyer's hands? He is easily Duke's steadiest player, shoots 90% from the free throw line, and makes good decisions under pressure.

ANYWAY, Duke lost tonight because Gerald Henderson was a no show and they settled for too many threes. They have to start their offense from the inside out, and they were far from it tongiht. Coach K is so dumb so he probably won't be able to figure that out on his own, so please help him if you don't mind!!

Yeah, winning games in the season does count. If you dont win games in the season you get the 6th seed and lose to teams like VCU. Sure, Henderson is an athlete, but it dosent matter what he is when he is on the bench. He got in foul trouble because he was playing vs a player who was better than he was. The only way he could stop him was by fouling him. Ill give it to you with Singler, he is good. But keep in mind what kind of players he is playing against. But remember how well it worked out for you guys those four years with Reddick doing everything, not so well. And if you have Coach K's email address or even better a phone number, please post it! Im sure Im not the only one that would like to help him with coaching.

Posted

Great news!

Too bad Curry had his way with us though..

Posted

Great news!

Too bad Curry had his way with us though..

Don't feel bad... I don't like State at all but Curry has his way with everyone!... well except for his last game

Posted

"Give Michigan credit," Krzyzewski said. "They played great and the crowd was fantastic."

and then he says-

"We were really worried coming off the Purdue game. This is a tough academic week for us, and we didn't handle it in a mature way," Krzyzewski said. "We were not mentally ready to play."

seriously... come one now, seriously? coach... tough academic week?

Posted

"Give Michigan credit," Krzyzewski said. "They played great and the crowd was fantastic."

and then he says-

"We were really worried coming off the Purdue game. This is a tough academic week for us, and we didn't handle it in a mature way," Krzyzewski said. "We were not mentally ready to play."

seriously... come one now, seriously? coach... tough academic week?

I hate duke as much as you do, but if the 86 in your name represents the year you were born you may be in college or just graduated college but either way, it's finals week.... and I know mine are hard enough... can you imagine finals at duke???? Their players don't major in cupcake stuff, they're like in school to be brain surgeons and stuff lol

Posted

Henderson: Majoring in psychology with a certificate in markets and management studies

Paulus: Majoring in political science with a certificate in markets and management studies

Scheyer: History

Singler: Not declared

Smith: Not declared

I see no brain surgeons... I'm not debating the fact that this week may be more stressful than others. Exams at all top public or private universities are difficult... All I was pointing out was we've heard this kind of excuse from K before when his team doesn't show up. It happens to all teams (not being mentally prepared).

Posted

It's like the saying goes... State prepares the field to play on... Carolina puts the athletes on the field.... duke writes the paychecks to all of them (I know that's unrelated to what we were talking about but I love that saying!)..... You are right though, it does happen to all teams, but when you lose to a team that you are better than, you have to blame it on something other than if he were to say... well we just suck

Posted

If I were a dook fan, I'd be very concerned about the lack of development of the bench. Every year it seems that K trusts his freshmen burger-boys less and less. The fact is, if Dook stays this course, another postseason flameout is coming.

Posted

It's like the saying goes... State prepares the field to play on... Carolina puts the athletes on the field.... duke writes the paychecks to all of them (I know that's unrelated to what we were talking about but I love that saying!)..... You are right though, it does happen to all teams, but when you lose to a team that you are better than, you have to blame it on something other than if he were to say... well we just suck

lol. alright i'll give you that. :yesnod:

Posted

I love how obsessed the Carolina fans seem to be about this loss. I mean give me a break people, it happens. You are acting like they are going to play that way for the rest of the year. Teams have off nights, right? Does 40-12 ring a bell? Does that mean that the team that went on that run was that much better than the other? No. One team just had an off night at the worst possible time. I'll take an off night in December and not think twice about it. I'll say it again, Duke will be just fine.

Posted

This is why Tweeder is the only cogent UNC fan on this site.

Bitch! I don't gloat like this. We all know upsets happen, this IMO will not effect the game against UNC. We all know both teams bring their A game on those days. That's why we have been splitting the last few years.