• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Bronn

Florence...

She's making me nervous, out there churning in the Atlantic. The models keep stringing her closer and closer to an NC landfall.

I'm definitely gonna get the generator ready this weekend and make my rounds around the yard checking out loose/heavy tree limbs...

I'll never forget the near apocalypse Fran brought us. I hope we never have another one of those.

• Pie 1

Looks like there is a solid chance NC will be hit by  the outerbands at the very best case scenario with still a strong change of a full landfall on the Carolina coast

Screenshot_20180907-113433_The Weather Channel.jpg

That sucks.  It does look like the track is bending more and more to the Carolinas.  Stay safe!

Right now looks like Myrtle Beach, Wilmington area is going to get smashed.  When they major hurricane like that, they won’t go straight up once they hit gulf stream.  Too powerful.  If it hit Charleston...  watchout. 

11B97BB8-4691-4D5E-B924-D2EDA3ADE8B7.png

Edited by ARSEN

Yeah this one is making me nervous.  Not acting like a regular hurricane. Starting that far north it should be projecting a turn out to the Atlantic. But no steering mechanism to do that yet.

Hopefully that changes in the next few days.  But if you live on the coast better watch this one.  

They just shifted 5 day projection a bit south with Charleston being hit directly.

11 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

They just shifted 5 day projection a bit south with Charleston being hit directly.

So if it does hook north now, itll smack Wilmington 

Looking like Charleston to Wilmington is going to be the sweet spot for this one

Also thing to look out that I was just reading.

The timing and projected landfall date is going to fall on a "new moon"  when the tides are higher than normal.

Strong winds forecast... Charlotte is projected to get hit on Wednesday with 40+ wind gusts.

C5AE705A-AB23-44FE-98EE-031384DE3749.png

Edited by ARSEN

14 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Gov of South Carolina just declared a state of emergency.

North Carolina declared it yesterday.  Apparently this thing can completely devastate farmers so they need to collect harvest ASAP.

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

North Carolina declared it yesterday.  Apparently this thing can completely devastate farmers so they need to collect harvest ASAP.

wow, hadn't heard that.