Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Parnormal Activity

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It's being billed as the scariest movie out there.

I saw it on Wednesday, and it was not only NOT scary, it was down right retarded. The fact that they tried to pass it off as a true story made it even worse. The chick had very nice tits though. So at least I was entertained.

Posted · Report post

All horror movie seem to blow nowadays. The good ones are all zombie movies haha.

Posted · Report post

I've got friends who have seen it and did think it was the scariest movie ever.

Do other "scary" movies usually scare you? Or are you one of those "laugh at the girl who trips while running in the woods and being chased by Michael Myers who just happens to be walking" type of guys?

Posted · Report post

You'll like it, Zod. It's well done. Will you leave the theater looking over your shoulder? Probably not. But it will creep you out a time or two, for sure.

Posted · Report post

For people who have seen it, I am genuinly curious, as to what part creeped you out?

Posted · Report post

The last 4 min were the only creepy/scary patrs of the movie. Way too much talking and watching the covers blow around. Overhyped and Im a horror movie fan.

Posted · Report post

For people who have seen it, I am genuinly curious, as to what part creeped you out?

I think the way the movie played out, you kind of knew the guy was going to bring this thing out and piss it off, and it built all movie long. When she gets out of bed and stares at him for hours at a time, that was pretty creepy.

Posted · Report post

And you have to understand....this movie wasn't intended to scare people who love watching guts and eyeballs and all that schitt. It was for the regular movie-going crowd.

Posted · Report post

And you have to understand....this movie wasn't intended to scare people who love watching guts and eyeballs and all that schitt. It was for the regular movie-going crowd.

I think that's one of the big differences. I haven't seen the movie, but just from reading about it, it's not one of those gory bloodfests that seem to have taken over the horror genre as of late.

Posted · Report post

My body went numb at ONE part of the movie. You will know what part when you see it. "drag" is the key word.

But I would have loved to get a hold of it and make some changes, it had REAL potential to be a lot more than it was.

but it was watchable, and I was entertained.

Posted · Report post

My body went numb at ONE part of the movie. You will know what part when you see it. "drag" is the key word.

But I would have loved to get a hold of it and make some changes, it had REAL potential to be a lot more than it was.

but it was watchable, and I was entertained.

Whatever company bought the film thought so too. The version in theaters is an independent film one of the big companies bought out in order to do a high-budget remake. The one out had a budget of $15,000. They started screening the movie, and apparently the response was so overwhelming they decided not to do a remake. So a $15,000 film has grossed well over $30 million in the first few weeks.