Photo
- - - - -

Recruiting News

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#16 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:53 AM

See, I can laugh just as hard at the prospect of Nolan doing jack as he hasn't done squat yet. Scheyer is out of position and wasn't very effective at PG late. Drew did get experience and usually players make the most improvement from year 1 - 2.

I'll take those betting terms.

You really don't know what you are talking about, I mean when Scheyer moved to the point his stats went up. PPG 18, Asst 4, Reb 4. Compare that to Lawson PPG 17, Asst 6.6, Reb 3. You better hope Drew improves he had more TOs then points in 12 games he played in. Maybe you should research these things instead of talking out of your a$$.

#17 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:43 AM

See, I can laugh just as hard at the prospect of Nolan doing jack as he hasn't done squat yet. Scheyer is out of position and wasn't very effective at PG late. Drew did get experience and usually players make the most improvement from year 1 - 2.

I'll take those betting terms.

Scheyer is better than Larry Drew...end of story. You guys will be lucky to get the same production out of Larry Drew this year as Duke got from Scheyer last year.

If the Heels are a Final 4 team this year (which I seriously doubt) then it will be on the back of Ed Davis. I think you guys are underestimating the value of Tyler Hansbrough.

Come to terms with the fact that you guys lost maybe the best college PG in the country, the best big man in the country, the best shooter in the country, and one of the best utility guys in the country. Because of that Duke is better than you guys this year...get over it.

#18 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

Scheyer is better than Larry Drew...end of story. You guys will be lucky to get the same production out of Larry Drew this year as Duke got from Scheyer last year.

If the Heels are a Final 4 team this year (which I seriously doubt) then it will be on the back of Ed Davis. I think you guys are underestimating the value of Tyler Hansbrough.

Come to terms with the fact that you guys lost maybe the best college PG in the country, the best big man in the country, the best shooter in the country, and one of the best utility guys in the country. Because of that Duke is better than you guys this year...get over it.

Because they are better in the post and at pg? What evidence do you have of this? LD is a true PG...Scheyer did a good job out of position...But he did slump toward the end of the year at that position.

#19 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

You really don't know what you are talking about, I mean when Scheyer moved to the point his stats went up. PPG 18, Asst 4, Reb 4. Compare that to Lawson PPG 17, Asst 6.6, Reb 3. You better hope Drew improves he had more TOs then points in 12 games he played in. Maybe you should research these things instead of talking out of your a$$.

Actually Drew had a decent Assist to TO ratio in his limited role. Are you saying that Scheyer was a better PG than Lawson? Scheyer couldn't have started at UNC. He probably wouldn't have been in the top 7 rotation.

#20 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

Man I love the mind control I have over you dookies and wanna be dookies...getting y'all worked up is one of my favorite past times during hoops season.

#21 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:08 PM

Actually Drew had a decent Assist to TO ratio in his limited role. Are you saying that Scheyer was a better PG than Lawson? Scheyer couldn't have started at UNC. He probably wouldn't have been in the top 7 rotation.

Yeah he averaged 1 asst. and 1 TO I don't think I would call that good. So you are telling me LD2 is better than Scheyer. A proven guard as opposed to a guard that hasn't shown anything except he can average 2 ppg, 1 asst., and 1 TO per game.

#22 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:31 AM

Yeah he averaged 1 asst. and 1 TO I don't think I would call that good. So you are telling me LD2 is better than Scheyer. A proven guard as opposed to a guard that hasn't shown anything except he can average 2 ppg, 1 asst., and 1 TO per game.

Scheyer was a junior and entrenched starter moved to PG, Drew a freshman PG playing behind the best PG in college (yeah, the same PG who scored 29 against the Lakers last night). Drew will be a better PG than Scheyer ever will.

#23 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

Scheyer was a junior and entrenched starter moved to PG, Drew a freshman PG playing behind the best PG in college (yeah, the same PG who scored 29 against the Lakers last night). Drew will be a better PG than Scheyer ever will.

You say you won't give Duke any credit until they do something "relevant" (just another one of your ignorant statements not worthy of a response), yet you keep talking Drew up like he has done something. Besides sh*tting his pants every time he was on the floor last year, what else has he done?

#24 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

You are right. No, not a scoring point guard at all. Spin it Htar. Come on buddy you can do it. It's pre season too. Don't get to cocky.

Edited by Britneck, 25 October 2009 - 08:42 PM.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com