Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stunning Stat

68 posts in this topic

Posted

Yea with 18 players on IR for the Saints I would say the Panthers are the better team. I guess we will really find out Sunday. What an iconic loss it would be if the Panthers lost to a team destroyed by injuries

How come you ignore my post asking what key players the Saints were missing?

Posted

18 players on IR, lost 5 games by 5 points or less and 3 of those by 3 points or less. Kind of makes you rethink how good the Saints are doesn't it?

Is that 2 or 3 starters on IR? Keep in mind a starter for the Saints is a good backup on a real team. As far as the number of points you lost by, the bottom line is yo gave up too many points or didn't score enough. Either way , you still are a loser.

Posted

Yea and the Chiefs won the Super Bowl over 30 years ago which means nothing now. Look at teams and what they have done the last 3 years and then you can talk.

How is what a team did last year or the year before any more meaningful than what a team did 30 years ago? How about we talk about the only year that matters now? This year.. Got your tee times set up for January?

Posted

Is that 2 or 3 starters on IR? Keep in mind a starter for the Saints is a good backup on a real team. As far as the number of points you lost by, the bottom line is yo gave up too many points or didn't score enough. Either way , you still are a loser.

9 starters on IR for the Saints so I guess that blows your theory up.

Posted

9 starters on IR for the Saints so I guess that blows your theory up.

Name the 9 starters.

Posted

Yea and the Chiefs won the Super Bowl over 30 years ago which means nothing now. Look at teams and what they have done the last 3 years and then you can talk.

Yeah, we only made it to the NFC Championship in ancient history....four years ago. You can't compare that to THREE years ago, which is obviously the cut off point for talking about current relevance.

Using the IR argument is lame. It annoyed me when our fans did it when we lost Jake last year. It annoyed me when we lost just as many as you did in 2004, and it annoys me when people like you do it now.

The team you have is the team you have. Sure, you can say that it helped to contribute to your failures this season, but it's no reason to discount what ANOTHER team has done. The Panthers are 11-4 and already in the playoffs, the Saints aren't. That's just the way it is.

You know, for a team that has been so bad for so long, the Saints have some of the most cocky fans ever. Usually that type of cockiness is reserved for teams that actually have something to show for themselves.

Posted

Take away 2 games where the Panthers were playing teams that were resting their starters, in the last three years the Panthers are 0-11 in their last 11 road games against teams that finish the year above .500

I never would have guessed this and makes you realize how important the home field would have been.

unfortunately for you, all you have to do now is look up useless stats. Your team has one more game and then its on to draft talk, and "what free agent can we pick up that will immediately make us superbowl contenders next year"

enjoy the offseason buddy....

p.s. tell Sean Payton to tune into Fox this offseason and get a good luck at the team that will be handing his tail to him for the next 3-5 years

Posted

*look

Posted

Figures don't lie............ but liars figure. Have a nice off season.

Posted

why is three years the benchmark?

Posted

Best thing to do when you enter an debate with a weak argument? Try and establish limits to the argument that only work to your favor.

Team X is making the playoffs like 2 out of ever 3 years! IF YOU ONLY LOOK AT THE PAST 3 YEARS.

Posted

why is three years the benchmark?

Ok use whatever bench mark you like. Lets go by the most important fact:

Of the two teams (Saints/Panthers) which one won the NFC South?

Of the two teams (Saints/Panthers) which one last won a playoff game?

The league is about winning and what have you done for me lately. Who cares if you make it to the playoffs as a wild card and then lose. As far as I can tell it has been 3 years since the Panthers won anything and since then the Saints have been the more successful team. I would rather go 9-7 and not make the playoffs then go 11-5, not win the division and then lose your first playoff game. That only gives you a lower draft pick and nothing to show for it.