Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 looks like the worst movie ever

28 posts in this topic

Posted

It's just something to play on/increase the fear factor of the 2012 stuff... I saw a preview for it during Paranormal Activity that said something along the lines of "Civilizations around the world have predicted it... Science has confirmed it..." and showed a graphic of all the planets lining up...

Out of curiosity, I ran that date through a sky/star movement simulator, and guess what, the planets don't line up... As such, Science has confirmed nothing...

As far as the concept and idea goes, one can only hope religious/overly tinfoil-hatterish people buy into the hype and off themselves in a moment of terror of impending doom... While the rest of us continue to live each day without fear of the supernatural....

As far as the movie is concerned, meh... I'll probably see it for the effects if nothing else...

Posted

its coming to TV

Roland Emmerich, the director/producer of the apocalyptic film 2012 (opening Nov. 13), confirmed to EW exclusively that a small-screen version of the end-of-the-world movie is already in the works. Emmerich said there was “plenty to do in a TV show” and that 2012 executive producer Howard Gordon – who’s also an exec producer on TV shows like Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice - would be attached.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/11/04/2012-tv-planned/

Posted

I can imagine a couple of Mayan guys sitting around centuries ago having a discussion...

"So we've got the calendar up to 2012. Wanna keep going?"

"That's far enough. None of us will even be alive then, so why bother."

"Cool....Wait, you don't think anyone will freak out because it stops at 2012, do you?"

"Nah."

:sosp:

Posted

Lol, I agree with your assertion Mr. Scot

Posted

Looks pretty terrible. no desire to see it.

Posted

I can imagine a couple of Mayan guys sitting around centuries ago having a discussion...

"So we've got the calendar up to 2012. Wanna keep going?"

"That's far enough. None of us will even be alive then, so why bother."

"Cool....Wait, you don't think anyone will freak out because it stops at 2012, do you?"

"Nah."

:sosp:

I wish I could rep you...

That's f'in great!

Ill bet dollars to donuts that someone will be in this thread after it comes out talking about how holes in the plot made it an unwatchable movie.

Posted

You know a good Mayan movie? Apocalypto... I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it..

Posted

You know a good Mayan movie? Apocalypto... I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it..

ya it was...Mayan Rituals FTW!!

Posted

I was gonna rep you in another thread, but got the "spread some rep" message... So I tried to do it here, but still getting the message...

I'll get you when I can, bro... I owe you at least 2...

Posted

I was gonna rep you in another thread, but got the "spread some rep" message... So I tried to do it here, but still getting the message...

I'll get you when I can, bro... I owe you at least 2...

its all good...go take a look at some of my latest posts on the LL forum..and the ass thread just for you!

Posted

its all good...go take a look at some of my latest posts on the LL forum..and the ass thread just for you!

Okay, I forgot about those (already looked hahaha!)...

I owe you about 276...

Posted

Okay, I forgot about those (already looked hahaha!)...

I owe you about 276...

word