#16 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:57 PM

A sign?

http://www.desmoines...020604/91106037

Yes I see it as a sign too. It says he was wearing a warmup suit with Jordan on the back. When he was at the Duke vs Unc game he was wearing a Duke shirt and when he was at the Duke game for his official visit his whole family was wearing Duke shirts. It didn't say he was wearing anything Iowa State.

#17 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:53 AM

Not saying this means anything, though C.J. Leslie thinks Barnes will be a Heels.
http://www.wralsport.../story/6398015/

Also fwiw, I saw some pretty interesting info from a pretty good source from ISU.
He said its down to UNC and Oklahoma. Said Duke was the leader up until a few weeks ago, but Oklahoma has jumped duke because barnes LOVES coach Capel. Barnes still is close to the other duke recruits, but he predicts UNC because Roy has recruited him harder than anyone the last few weeks.

Edited by ncfan, 12 November 2009 - 12:14 PM.

#18 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

Not saying this means anything, though C.J. Leslie thinks Barnes will be a Heels.
http://www.wralsport.../story/6398015/

Also fwiw, I saw some pretty interesting info from a pretty good source from ISU.
He said its down to UNC and Oklahoma. Said Duke was the leader up until a few weeks ago, but Oklahoma has jumped duke because barnes LOVES coach Capel. Barnes still is close to the other duke recruits, but he predicts UNC because Roy has recruited him harder than anyone the last few weeks.

I heard the same thing except I heard UNC was out of the picture and it was down to Duke and Oklahoma. It is all speculation right now because Barnes has kept it in house. I still think he comes to Duke, as far as Leslie goes I think he is trying to rationalize why UNC isn't recruiting him. I don't think UNC has any interest in him. We will all know tomorrow at 4, ESPNU.

#19 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:11 PM

^ where are you hearing all these rumors? I agree that he probably goes to duke, but it is neck and neck with UNC.

#20 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

Actually I think all schools had a shot until last night, and he is probably still going back and forth between 2 or 3 schools.....I do not think Carolina is on that short list because of the late recruitment. I think the schools that are still in it is Kansas, Duke, and Oklahoma

Kansas and Duke were the first two in his recruitment process and I think this kid is loyal to that fact.....his favorite player is Kobe Bryant who if did not go straight to the NBA was a Duke lock. Kansas plays the style of bball he likes more than Duke though. Oklahoma is def an up and coming team and I think he could see himself being the next Blake Griffin star player and also playing for a Duke Standout which would give him that Duke feel. Finally Kansas and Oklahoma are a lot closer to home than Duke.

I still think anything can happen, and this could be another Brandon Wright "situation" as I was told by a buddy following this recruitment very closely from Chapel Hill/Raleigh area...I personally think Carolina could have been a huge player in this recruitment process if they would have recruited him earlier, but even though he was thrilled that Carolina offered, but I think he stays loyal to the ones that were there first

#21 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:08 PM

Kansas is out of it imo
He Loves the other duke commits
Roy has been recruiting him harder than anyone the last few weeks
He Love Coach Capel so Oklahoma has a shot.
His mother works at ISU and locals have Really been pushing him to stay at home (also heard rumor that ISU's coach has been invited to the ceremony)

Going into yesterday from everything I heard, he was heading UNC
But
Last night it just didn't seem so positive on the light blue side.
Just have a gut feeling he is going to end up at duke

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

If this kid goes UNC there is no way you can convince me the Tar Holes don't cheat like everyone else.

#23 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

Man this one is going to be close. Duke Commits seem pretty confident. Some pretty decent sources in IA think unc.
This guy was predicting duke up until today, now he says unc
http://twitter.com/martytirrell

#24 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

Barnes will pick either UNC or Duke. Duke needs him more than UNC does but, it'd be really nice to get Barnes in baby blue.

#25 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:52 PM

I think there is a real good chance he picks ISU. From what I read, he LOVED his visit and his got a lot of connections there.

#26 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:00 PM

His mom just put a UNC and Duke cap at the stand.

Edit: All schools are up now so...

Edited by Wanderlai, 13 November 2009 - 04:02 PM.

#27 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

Posted Image

#28 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,917 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

Heel yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#29 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

#30 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:21 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.