• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

Not many Niner fans here I know, but tonight we open against UNC-Asheville. We're down our starting small forward to a calf injury, our starting power forward was suspended for the first game for breaking a team rule, our starting PG who was 5th in the nation in assists last season will play but is hobbled with an ankle injury, and our starting SG will have his shoulder in a protective sleeve after suffering a dislocated shoulder. :eek:

Despite that, we shouldn't have any problems handling Asheville. Our first true test will come against Duke on Tuesday.

If anyone wants to catch the game, here is a link to watch online at 7:30:
http://channelsurfin...-charlotte.html

We're a young team this year, so my expectations aren't sky high, but we brought in some good young talent for the first time in a few years, so we have a good foundation for the future. We could surprise some people, we weren't as bad as our record indicated last season. We lost a lot of players to injury last season and still managed to beat Mississippi State, Dayton, Xavier, and lost to Clemson by 1, who were all NCAA teams.

#2 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:54 AM

Charlotte wins 86-70.

You could definitely tell this was an inexperienced team missing two of it's starters. There were some positives, but plenty of negatives as well. Definitely talented, just need some time to gel. I'd like to think that will happen before the Duke game, but its doubtful. We will get beaten by 20+ if we play Duke like we played Asheville tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.