Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If true, WOW!

64 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Because regionally they are immensely popular and this is the Mecca of college basketball. I am sure that UNC has one of the biggest fanbases if not the biggest in college basketball but college sports in general are a regional thing not national.

while you will see Carolina fans spread out all over the nation, fans out west despise Carolina and all east coast basketball.....sure you will find fans out that way, but as a majority they cannot stand how the east coast gets all the media attention...Same thing up North, because we all know that is Duke country with Big East Fans who always think that they are better than ACC teams

Posted · Report post

Carolina sells a lot of stuff because of their colors. Kentucky has twice the fan base...passionate fans, not bandwagon fans...that Carolina has.

Remember the 95 regional final in Birmingham? Kentucky fans outnumbered Carolina fans at that game 3 to 1. Every time UK plays in Hawaii, the stands are full of UK fans. Puerto Rico, L.A., doesn't matter.

UK also gets invited to bowl games when we are 6-6 because the bowls know we will buy up tickets.

So just because a bunch of gang members wear UNC stuff doesn't make you the most popular program in the country. Not even close.

Posted · Report post

while you will see Carolina fans spread out all over the nation, fans out west despise Carolina and all east coast basketball.....sure you will find fans out that way, but as a majority they cannot stand how the east coast gets all the media attention...Same thing up North, because we all know that is Duke country with Big East Fans who always think that they are better than ACC teams
It's not even that, for a vast majority of NE and West Coast sports fans, college sports isn't really on the radar until bowl season and March Madness. It's pro sports.

Posted · Report post

Carolina sells a lot of stuff because of their colors. Kentucky has twice the fan base...passionate fans, not bandwagon fans...that Carolina has.

Remember the 95 regional final in Birmingham? Kentucky fans outnumbered Carolina fans at that game 3 to 1. Every time UK plays in Hawaii, the stands are full of UK fans. Puerto Rico, L.A., doesn't matter.

UK also gets invited to bowl games when we are 6-6 because the bowls know we will buy up tickets.

So just because a bunch of gang members wear UNC stuff doesn't make you the most popular program in the country. Not even close.

no bias at all in that statement!!

First every team has bandwagon fans....yes even the BIG BLUE!!! Especially now that they have been saved by Calipari himself

I'll give you the football example, Carolina doesn't know how to travel well in football.

Gang members?? If I remember correctly isn't Kentucky blue closer to the Crips colors then Carolina Blue...just sayin'

Posted · Report post

It's not even that, for a vast majority of NE and West Coast sports fans, college sports isn't really on the radar until bowl season and March Madness. It's pro sports.

true I will give you that....I was just keeping it in a college outlook

Posted · Report post

Stop it.

Posted · Report post

no bias at all in that statement!!

First every team has bandwagon fans....yes even the BIG BLUE!!! Especially now that they have been saved by Calipari himself

I'll give you the football example, Carolina doesn't know how to travel well in football.

Gang members?? If I remember correctly isn't Kentucky blue closer to the Crips colors then Carolina Blue...just sayin'

Carolina is the only school with baby blue, unless you want to count the Citadel. The Raiders are popular because they have unique colors as well. Okay, maybe gang members don't wear Carolina, but kids wear it because of Jordan and because of the unique color scheme.

You would have to live in Kentucky to understand the passion that program enjoys. In Carolina, they love the Heels, but they don't ask to be buried in a Tar Heel uniform. They don't gather around a radio at a wedding reception. They don't have more fans in the stands than the home team in half their conference games. If Carolina loses in the Big Dance, people take it in stride. In Kentucky, there's a three-day mourning period.

Posted · Report post

Carolina is the only school with baby blue, unless you want to count the Citadel. The Raiders are popular because they have unique colors as well. Okay, maybe gang members don't wear Carolina, but kids wear it because of Jordan and because of the unique color scheme.

You would have to live in Kentucky to understand the passion that program enjoys. In Carolina, they love the Heels, but they don't ask to be buried in a Tar Heel uniform. They don't gather around a radio at a wedding reception. They don't have more fans in the stands than the home team in half their conference games. If Carolina loses in the Big Dance, people take it in stride. In Kentucky, there's a three-day mourning period.

that just shows how stupid KU fans are if there is a 3 day mourning period if they loose.....i guess there have been a lot of mourning going on........and if that is true with how bad they have sucked lately then i bet half of the fans have commited suicide

Posted · Report post

they don't ask to be buried in a Tar Heel uniform. They don't gather around a radio at a wedding reception. They don't have more fans in the stands than the home team in half their conference games. If Carolina loses in the Big Dance, people take it in stride. In Kentucky, there's a three-day mourning period.

Alright. Lets start

First statement is entirely false. People in my family have been buried in one.

You are correct we do not gather around a radio at a wedding reception. We can afford TV's.

That's because the ACC actually has teams with fans. The SEC does not.

We take it in stride because we know we'll be back there next year. A luxury UK does not have.

Posted · Report post

Alright. Lets start

First statement is entirely false. People in my family have been buried in one.

You are correct we do not gather around a radio at a wedding reception. We can afford TV's.

That's because the ACC actually has teams with fans. The SEC does not.

We take it in stride because we know we'll be back there next year. A luxury UK does not have.

1. You are a prevaricator.

2. Shouldn't your name be Falcons2ndPanthers3rd?

Posted · Report post

Okay I think it's necessary to point out here that there is a difference between being a loyal fan and "I literally have nothing else going for me in my life besides Kentucky basketball/football because, well, I live in Kentucky."

I believe you guys have crossed that line.

Posted · Report post

Okay I think it's necessary to point out here that there is a difference between being a loyal fan and "I literally have nothing else going for me in my life besides Kentucky basketball/football because, well, I live in Kentucky."

I believe you guys have crossed that line.

Fightin' words. Take it back.

• Masters of PIE !

• Top Rated Images