Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KaseKlosed

Ahmadinejad's Christmas Message: Jesus Would Oppose Warmongers, Occupiers, Terrorists

50 posts in this topic

He has a Napolean complex. Elected on the basis of helping his countries poor and needy, then all he does is rattle his saber.

That's the thing, and we can argue that our actions are done for the common good until the cows come home, but in point of fact we do what we do for our benefit in the vast majority of cases.

Think of it this way: Iran sends money to Palestinian refugees. Let's say 60 percent of that money actually feeds people. The other 40 percent is somehow funneled to military operations. Can they say they are going good or not?

From our perspective: hey, we invaded Iraq, thousands upon thousands died, more displaced...but they have self government now; wasn't that worth it? Well...of course not! We invaded because we wanted to protect the oil system, from some goofy idea of creating a base of democracy in a region not well equipped to deal with that form of government, to show the Islamic world we were serious, among others....all thought to benefit us. The fact that we were only about halfway to meeting those goals made us talk more about "freeing Iraqis" when in reality we could care less - if we actually cared about people and helping them, our forces would be in Somalia and such, not Iraq.

So the facts are the facts - we as nations are entirely self serving, whether we are the US or Iran. Those are the facts unfiltered by patriotic glasses. I am all for us leading the world, as there are no other nations with the power to do so effectively, but leading is different from dictating.

Whenever there is a tragedy in the world (i.e. tsunami), who steps up to the plate almost every time?

who stepped up to the plate in New Orleans, oh wait Mexico offered to send troops to help but we denied them entry. Then procceded to do absolutely nothing for days and days and days.

Back to my point posted earlier, we can't help our own people. Help yourself first before helping others....isnt that the American way?

So the facts are the facts - we as nations are entirely self serving, whether we are the US or Iran.
He has it right

Nobody comes close to aid/relief/funding etc than the US.

And yes, even in our backyard we drop the ball. But can we quantify "not helping" our own?

1 person is one too many to go without, but no country is even close.

But just curious. What if Bush had said what the Iranian guy had said. Would some of you kinda leaning toward Iran guy do the same with Bush?

So it's either truth is truth or if the source is someone I agree with THEN its the truth.

And yes, even in our backyard we drop the ball. But can we quantify "not helping" our own?

1 person is one too many to go without, but no country is even close.

But just curious. What if Bush had said what the Iranian guy had said. Would some of you kinda leaning toward Iran guy do the same with Bush?

So it's either truth is truth or if the source is someone I agree with THEN its the truth.

/end thread

and yet it's still the smallest percentage of gdi of any other wealthy donor nation

and yet it's still the smallest percentage of gdi of any other wealthy donor nation

Correct. Keep in mind the promised amount that was agreed to by most if not all the naions was to be 0.7 Not even 1%.

Having said that. The American PEOPLE do an amazing amout of giving as well.

Public and private.

So, one could do a little Freakonomics argument of perhaps its more EFFECTIVE if the US gives more privately and thru businesses than thru as a Governmental entity. Because we know how bad red tape is. So imagine red tape when there is money on the line and it goes overseas.

Thus this is the constant Catch 22 the US is in. We give. Well we want you to give more. Ok, so how much more should we give? Uhh, we don't know but you aren't even beating Finland right now.

Hmm. Ok. So how many clinics has Finland been able to fund on their own?

Well none but thats not the point. The point is the US just needs to give even more.

See how this works? And around and around we go.

The self loathers just don't want to find any silver linings. They are the masters at finding lint.

I would also add being the Worlds Cop(right or wrong we are that) does NOT get tallied in terms of "giving".

That is not a line item in the budget when it comes to that.

A total aggregate of net giving versus impact versus GDI(or GDP for variances) would probably put the US at the top.

To me the intangibles away from the hard #'s is where the truth AND the impact lies.

Would you rather be able to give a homeless guy clothes you either gave to him, regifted or even got from Goodwill that he can wear ALL year long or 50.00 and not really be sure how he spends the money? Maybe he buys tolietries, maybe booze. Maybe food. You won't know.

So the "price" or # that is attached to the 50.00 check could appear to be more but in the long run it won't be as EFFECTIVE or truly meet the needs of that ONE person.

The same with the giving as it relates to GNI etc. Should we give more as a Govt? Sure. Can we afford to right now? Not really.

And without going to far into another dimension this is the flawed argument that gets all of us into trouble when it comes to healthcare and education here.

More money is not always the best solution. Effective and targeted spending is a wiser use of funds.

/end thread

WRONG

I ignore anything that either of them says equally. Both of them care only about themselves and their own advancement and their interests, not their country.

Would some of you kinda leaning toward Iran guy do the same with Bush?

I dont understand that.....would some of us kind of lean toward the president of Iran to do the same with Bush?????

WRONG

I ignore anything that either of them says equally. Both of them care only about themselves and their own advancement and their interests, not their country.

I dont understand that.....would some of us kind of lean toward the president of Iran to do the same with Bush?????

Meaning, had Bush said what the Iranian guy had said, would those that were nodding in agreement with Mr.Ineedadinnerjacket be as concillatory with W.

That is all.

Ok gotcha, good point. If bush had said that I would be amazed in a good way.