127 replies to this topic

#121 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,687 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

when's the last time you spoke to a palestinian civilian?

#122 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

I dont hear them saying Hamas you have to stop....

#123 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

The details of the incident are not known. Only a bit of information in the press, which is notoriously unreliable. If the Israelis were unprovoked, then they should be held accountable.

Yes, they should, but by whom? This is the root of the problem. At the end of the day, I understand why Israel is doing what it is doing, but frankly this will not solve the problem and it is only fanning the flames. If this rate of escalation continues it's only a matter of time until A: Israel is wiped off the map simply due to overwhelming manpower (they will be buried under the dead of wave after wave of rock throwing teenagers) or B: the US will be forced to step in and defend them. Neither is an acceptable solution. There must be another way to fix this, I don't know what it is but it seems evident that helicopter gunship revenge is neither making Israelis safe now, nor in the foreseeable future.

#124 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

I spoke to some around the time Rabin got killed. My ship was there for repairs.

#125 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

I'd much rather sell arms to Israel and let them use them than for us to hole up using them all over the world. When we shoot it's a net loss to the taxpayers. When Israel shoots they've got to come back to Sam and buy some more. Jews are rich. Americans need jobs. Jews need armament. Americans make armament. It's like getting a discount on your taxes every time one of these little skirmishes flames up.

#126 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

I'd much rather sell arms to Israel and let them use them than for us to hole up using them all over the world. When we shoot it's a net loss to the taxpayers. When Israel shoots they've got to come back to Sam and buy some more. Jews are rich. Americans need jobs. Jews need armament. Americans make armament. It's like getting a discount on your taxes every time one of these little skirmishes flames up.

no more fuging discounts then.

#127 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,687 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

I'd much rather sell arms to Israel

sell? we pay them 10 billion dollars a year to take our arms.

#128 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

sell? we pay them 10 billion dollars a year to take our arms.

Not exactly true. We do provide military assistance as part of the economic package. However the assistance that we do give Israel is because of the Camp David peace accords. As part of the treaty, we agreed to provide support and assistance to Israel and Egpyt. And it was definitely the right move.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com