12 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

geaux!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:50 AM

I am unsure about the process of MVP voting, but I feel that DeAngelo has a legitimate shot at being the NFL MVP. I'm not saying he is getting it, considering the media's love for Peyton and others, but just look:

http://www.nfl.com/s...=true&Submit=Go

Best in TDs, YPC for the top 13 backs, 3rd in yards, and the best stat...

0 FUMBLES

He will get votes, but do you think he could be this year's MVP? Honest opinions ;)

#2 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

no- it will got to peyton....

8 or 9 straight wins and getting his team in the playoffs after the bad start his team had.

If Williams would had 50 more carries then probably. He just isnt a big enough "star" to win the MVP.

I would rather us keep our lil secret under wraps for a few more games anyways ;)

He can win SB MVP ;)

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

I think Peyton deserves it, he put the Colts on his shoulders and carried them this far. If not for that, then I think DLo is the next choice.

#4 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/show your support, facebook style!\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

#5 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/show your support, facebook style!\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I doubt those who Vote will be going to facebook for suggestions.

just sayin.,......

#6 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:06 PM

you never know AK!!! just kidding, of course not, but it's still a way to express your support

i am fine with Peyton getting it, but something is wrong if Adrian Peterson gets it...he had half the touchdowns, and 9 fumbles....

#7 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

Your right. Its MOST VALUABLE PLAYER.

Williams has been that for us this season.

As far as the NFL's MVP, stats win most of the time.

#8 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 7,793 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:22 PM

Smith is more valuable to us than D-Lo is. D-Lo, however, is our best player. MVP does not equate to best player...that's what the Offensive POY goes to. For a while I bought the Peyton argument for MVP, but now I don't. He WILL win, because voters/sports writers/media all get sucked in by hype, but they weren't doing that bad before he took them to ten straight. They were just in a slump. Now, if the Colts had been 1-15 last season then yes, he should get it. But they're the damn Colts!

That said, Pennington has done an amzing job bringing the Dolphins out of nowhere and Brees kept up stats similar to what he would've had if his team was ever healthy, which they never were. Turner, in Atlanta, was the scoring machine for that team's turn around. Without him, the Falcons would be doomed. Peterson fumbled too much to win it, but he too carries that team.

#9 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:22 PM

you never know AK!!! just kidding, of course not, but it's still a way to express your support

i am fine with Peyton getting it, but something is wrong if Adrian Peterson gets it...he had half the touchdowns, and 9 fumbles....

The MVP award is becoming more and more like the Pro Bowl just a popularity contest. I don't even think that D. Williams is even mentioned by most of the media as a legitimate MVP candidate and yet he has twice the touchdowns as AP and almost a whole yard better YPC and NO fumbles. How could you not mention a running back with a 5.5 YPC average and 20 TDS as a MVP candidate. Its all about popularity, which BTW is why most of the time a QB will win it.

#10 gotsmart?

gotsmart?

Your GWU Representative

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

its going to rivers, i think anyways. has had a better season than peyton, been the only true bright spot on the chargers team, and brought that team back to get to the playoffs

#11 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:54 PM

I'm guessing he may get a couple of votes from people who have watched him play all year..but it won't be enough to beat a media darling like Manning.

#12 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,760 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

I will say that, with a 100 less carries, 20 TDs and 0 fumbles, Dwill should get more talk about than AP. But I think that with 9 straight wins and without Peyton the Colts would be at home right now, so, Payton will win it.

Edited by Jangler, 29 December 2008 - 01:18 PM.

#13 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:16 PM

Rivers' has been the most valuable player to his team this season, but San Diego is such a small market, it won't go to him.

My bet, Manning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.