Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dwayne Jarrett

18 posts in this topic

Posted

In Hackett's defense, he's really caught about everything sent his way. But of course, so has Jarrett.

Now, it's unfortunate he hasn't stayed healthy and been the playmaker we thought we might get. We all knew the injury risk when we brought him in, and unfortunately it seems what we feared most came true.

I won't say that Jarrett should start over Hackett because he is more talented. I will, however, say that he should start over Hackett because he is our future at the wide receiver position, and he needs all the playing time he can get.

Posted

Jake would probably throw it to our 2nd recievers if they would get more separation..the only person he trusts when there is little separation is Smith..and who can blame him.

Posted

If you want him to throw to someone else, you need that person on the field.

Personally, after the third receivers did most of the damage in every one of Tampa's losses this year I'd like to see someone of his size and strength against the smaller defenders of the Buccs than Hackett.

Posted

Who knows, his 1 catch could be on a key 3rd down.

Posted

He gives good effort as a blocker and has shown himself to be relatively reliable and improving.

He needs more game time. He's the future at WR for this club opposite Smith. Moose isn't getting any younger and Hackett Can't stay healthy. Based on what's happened in the return game as well it won't be easy to justify cutting jones for Robinson either.

Posted

We have the fewest passing attempts of any team in the NFL. Thats why our number 3 receiver doesn't get many looks. Jake has completed about 190 passes. 100 of those have been split between Moose and Smith, about 40 to the tightends, and about 30 to the backs. Thats actually not bad distribution for our limited number of passes.

Hackett averaged about 35 catches a year on the Seahawks. I have a feeling that if we passed more, he would have similar numbers.