Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just for fun - If you could rename the Panthers

189 posts in this topic

Posted

Carolina Cougars goes back to the World Football League in the early 70's.

What I named my 1st Fantasy team back in the late 80's.

Posted

I like Carolina Panthers,but if I had to change it,maybe Carolina copperheads,somebody already picked that,or Carolina moonshiners.Of course the upstanding,church people wouldn't have it w/ that name and rename it the Carolina evangelicals!

Posted

Carolina Soldiers

Posted

World Champions!

Posted

thats the part I never understood about the Panthers...when I think Panthers, North Carolina really doesn't jump to my mind...I mean, is there a big panther population roaming the wilds of Raleigh or Charlotte? Please, fill me in on this name selection. I am with panthersphan, I think it's cool when teams are named after something that represents the city, or the region and the panther thing just never made sense to me.

Posted

Isn't a "panther" technically like a misidentified cougar or leopard. I saw on discovery channel one time that a Panther is really just the black version of several species of animals.

Maybe we should be the Carolina Misidentified Cougars.

Posted

I saw on discovery channel one time that a Panther is really just the black version of several species of animals.

And to think: King Taharqa thinks Jerry Richardson is racist. :rolleyes:

Posted

The Georgecats

Or the Cobras

Posted

either way...is there an abundance of cougars/mountain lions/panthers in the Carolinas?

Posted

either way...is there an abundance of cougars/mountain lions/panthers in the Carolinas?

Well historically I believe that cougars and mountain lions were abundant in the western part of NC up in the mountains. I believe that now they are absent.

Posted

There were, and still are all of those, including the Black Panther, which used to be common to see here as well, along with the wolf are all making a comeback thanks to Federal wildlife preservation programs.

I mean hell....Wild Turkeys were almost extinct here a few decades ago, and some of the above animals mentioned abover certainly had a toll in that data.

Bears, all over the state are more common now with the growth, especially pushing them towards the Eastern Coast.

Posted

I always thought the name Warriors would be perfect for a football team. So I'd like to go with that.

Carolina Warriors

Sounds like an arena team name.