17 replies to this topic

#1 wcd59

wcd59

Will The 3rill member

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:17 PM

A few days ago i posted a thread on here about Fox and his run out the clock-no score-play calling and I got bashed for it by half of the guys and gals on here. I will make the statement again, I love Foxey, but he better step up the down the ball at half mentality or we won't even make it to the NFC championship game.

This was on carolinahuddle.com main page. Looks like somebody agrees with me!

3. Killer instinct. In short, the Panthers must develop one, and fast. In New York and in New Orleans, comfortable leads were blown by lackadaisical play calling and a run out the clock mentality. Problem was, this was started in the third quarter. The Panthers must not be afraid to pile on the points. If you are up 17, the goals should be to be up by 24 on the very next possession. The clock should not be the number one priority.

#2 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

I think Fox's conservative play it safe mentality will be gone in the playoffs.

Its the playoff's, I am sure the last several weeks have taught Fox that no lead is too big.

#3 wcd59

wcd59

Will The 3rill member

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

I sure hope you are right. Especially if we get the Falcons after the beating we took from them last time

#4 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

A few days ago i posted a thread on here about Fox and his run out the clock-no score-play calling and I got bashed for it by half of the guys and gals on here. I will make the statement again, I love Foxey, but he better step up the down the ball at half mentality or we won't even make it to the NFC championship game.

3. Killer instinct. In short, the Panthers must develop one, and fast. In New York and in New Orleans, comfortable leads were blown by lackadaisical play calling and a run out the clock mentality. Problem was, this was started in the third quarter. The Panthers must not be afraid to pile on the points. If you are up 17, the goals should be to be up by 24 on the very next possession. The clock should not be the number one priority.

can't hide the truth bro...

#5 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:40 PM

I sure hope you are right. Especially if we get the Falcons after the beating we took from them last time

The score was deceiving, it was a closer game then the score indicates.

#6 wcd59

wcd59

Will The 3rill member

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

The score was deceiving, it was a closer game then the score indicates.

Maybe so, but i just keep going back to these numbers and they aint the Lotto

45 31 23 10 34 31

Thats how many points we have given up in the last 6 games.

If we can't stop em, we better out score em!:mad2:

#7 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

I think Fox's conservative play it safe mentality will be gone in the playoffs.

Its the playoff's, I am sure the last several weeks have taught Fox that no lead is too big.

It BETTER be gone

#8 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationRock Hell, SC

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

It hasn't just been the last few games. Its been that way ever since Fox came to Carolina. Get a lead and sit on the ball!

#9 jbland

jbland

Huddle Chiropractor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:38 PM

One could argue the TB beatdown was bigger, and look what happened the next time we met.

I like our chances against the Falcons if we meet up in the playoffs.

#10 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:54 PM

If you've been a Panther fan long enough to experience a playoff under Fox you know things will be different. Fox plays it straight vanilla during the season and opens it up in the tournament. Don't believe me......just watch.

#11 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

You mean the playcalling that is averaging 30 points a game over the last 6?

I hope he and Davidson keep it up.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 30 December 2008 - 10:40 PM.

#12 srhall32

srhall32

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:46 PM

I am sitting here about to go ahead and believe that we will make the superbowl and win and the playcalling will be aggressive all the way. Then I think back on the Giants and NO and I don't think I can take much more of the "sit on it the second half". Trouble is even if we do try and park on a lead the coaches will probably be right back due to us making the playoffs.
If JR wants a superbowl and doesn't get it this year changes have to be made.
IMO the play calling is the same as Henning except now if we pass on first down and don't complete then we run on 2nd and 10 neary every time. We used to always run on 1st and 10. We just have better talent and running capability with my hero D Williams.
I also hope a weak defense doesn't end up getting us with a former DC for a head coach.
The proof will be in the pudding. I'm not confident in the coaches but I believe the team is the best in the NFL and they will do whatever it takes to win.

#13 srhall32

srhall32

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:54 PM

You mean the playcalling that is averaging 30 points a game over the last 6?

I hope he and Davidson keep it up.

Sorry to come right back but if Fox and Davidson keep up what they're doing somebody will hand us our butts like the Giants did. It's pedal to the metal the rest of the way for 4 quarters or another year goes by. I'm tired of the next year syndrome.

#14 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,422 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:06 PM

I think if he would not pull back on both offense and Defense then it would work but when your giving up 17 points and scoring 0 points that's not gonna cut it.

#15 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,422 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:08 PM

Sorry to come right back but if Fox and Davidson keep up what they're doing somebody will hand us our butts like the Giants did. It's pedal to the metal the rest of the way for 4 quarters or another year goes by. I'm tired of the next year syndrome.

You must did not watch that game. It was the luck of the coin flip that won them the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.