Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

White Jerseys Next Saturday?

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

i too hope we come out in black. my gripe is that if they want fans to have a blackout by wearing all black, i wish they would put the news out now rather than wait until a day or two before the game. blackouts/whiteouts are awesome looking on tv when everyone is on the same page. most places pass out whichever colored shirts at the gates, so maybe the team can pony up and pass out black panthers tshirts for fans to throw on over whatever they are wearing.

Posted · Report post

I disagree. We're not some NCAA team.

The play of the defense suggest otherwise.

Posted · Report post

I think you're confusing WHY we did it. We did it both times because we were playing the Cowboys. We always elect to wear white at home no matter what time of year it is against the Cowboys out of Marty Hurneys stounch superstition practicing. You see, the Cowboys home jerseys... that they don't even wear at home... are unlucky, and we have always beat them when they wear them at our house in the playoffs.

Let's all have a moment of silence and thank God that we don't have to worry about hosting the Cowboys 100% of the time in the playoffs.

First time we wore white in the playoffs against Dallas, it was 1996 - long before Marty Hurney. You are correct about the team wanting to make Dallas wear their Blue ones though.

Posted · Report post

The black would be nice...I know wev'e always worn white in the playoffs but the Cats have mostly been on the road in playoffs of past :thumbsup:

Posted · Report post

I disagree. We're not some NCAA team.

or the saints :D

What can we do to get the word out about the blackout. contact papers, news and radio stations, and have them tell everyone?

Posted · Report post

I assume we're wearing white since we always do for home playoff games but has anyone seen anything official yet? Any chance we change this tradition?

Uh I don't know what you are talking about but I strictly remember us wearing black during the Dallas Playoff game in 2003/2004 postseason game

Posted · Report post

I dont see why we would even consider wearing white when we dont have to, Away games yes, hot home games yes. But a January night game, why wear white? Black is so much cooler.

Posted · Report post

Ah yes, the weekly football fashion thread.

*sigh*

Posted · Report post

Ah yes, the weekly football fashion thread.

*sigh*

got any info on what color the team will wear?

Posted · Report post

anybody know what the cheerleaders will wear?

Posted · Report post

Hopefully.. birthday suits? :D

Posted · Report post

Black Jerseys with Black Pants with Black Helmets.