Photo
- - - - -

Dam it feels good again

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 MALL34

MALL34

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

that the panthers are in the playoffs. earlier this year i was just hoping that they made it. now i just feel real confident about this team in the playoffs. the only thing that kinda worries me is the defense. but luckily this offense is loaded with explosives and they can go off at anytime. remember last year the offense was the problem now this year its the D. if only the had the whole package what a team this would be.

Another thing is that alot of people try to compare this 08 squad to the 2k3 squad. in my opinion this is a better team,though the defense isn't that good as the 2k3 team they make stops when it really matters most and that's good enough for this team to win. but this offense has outstanding players that can score any given time they touch the ball litterally. back then steve smith was good but dam not this good that bull is on a mission. we had two really nice backs back in 2k3,same typa style running. but these two now are special the speed is different the power is different the elusiveness everything is just better. the o'line was a dam good team in 2k3 but now this 08 o'line are human trees these men are blocking machines.

Can't say that much about the D except j.pep is a freak,jon beason is a tackling machine,and chris gamble is a shut down corner. as far as the special teams you can ALMOST always rely on john kasay. mark jones is better than ryne robinson and jason baker he punts which i don't like but he's pretty good.

GO PANTHERS::)

#2 HC79

HC79

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

Amen, I just hope this is are year.

#3 Panther53521

Panther53521

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:28 PM

Can't say that much about the D except j.pep is a freak,jon beason is a tackling machine,and chris gamble is a shut down corner. as far as the special teams you can ALMOST always rely on john kasay. mark jones is better than ryne robinson and jason baker he punts which i don't like but he's pretty good.

GO PANTHERS::)

I am sorry but Chris Gamble is NOT a shut down corner.

#4 Section 505

Section 505

LadyCats Liason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:52 PM

mark jones is better than ryne robinson and jason baker he punts which i don't like but he's pretty good.

Mark Jones stats are slightly better than the 2003 counterparts. Smitty punt return average in 2003 was 10.0 and Jones is 11.4. Though Smitty did take one the distance and Jones has not.

Rod "He Hate Me" Smart's kick return average was 23.1 and Jones is 24.0, although again Smart took one to the house and Jones has not.

Baker's average is 44.1, slightly less than S'bruns 44.6, although Baker had 30 inside the 20 and S'Brun only had 22. (They both had 3 blocked).

Edited by Section 505, 31 December 2008 - 10:54 PM.

#5 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:57 AM

yea, our defense isnt as good this year, but i have been thinking about it, and think that probably the reason why the defense isnt as good is because of the quality offenses we have faced this year. ATLx2, NOx2, GB, DEN, NYG, SDC and ARZ. we have faced some good offenses. and even MIN and CHI have good running games if nothing else.

if we had had a cupcake schedule like the titans or miami had, we would have a much better defensive ranking.

another good thing is that by facing these good teams, we will be well prepared for the playoffs.

#6 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:10 AM

yea, our defense isnt as good this year, but i have been thinking about it, and think that probably the reason why the defense isnt as good is because of the quality offenses we have faced this year. ATLx2, NOx2, GB, DEN, NYG, SDC and ARZ. we have faced some good offenses. and even MIN and CHI have good running games if nothing else.

if we had had a cupcake schedule like the titans or miami had, we would have a much better defensive ranking.

another good thing is that by facing these good teams, we will be well prepared for the playoffs.

San Diego when we played them would not be the same San Diego now. They're playing much better ball now.

And if we had a cupcake schedule, who cares where our defense would rank? It wouldn't be accurate or relevent when comparing those teams to the level of talent we'll see in the playoffs. Rankings aren't everything, people.

#7 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:41 AM

Damn,it feels good again!

#8 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:22 AM

I agree :thumbsup: ^
^

#9 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

I feel good also. I feel even better knowing that the Cowboys, Redskins, Patriots, Raiders, Buccnqueers and Ain'ts Fans are not feeling as good as we are. :party:

#10 PantherDFense

PantherDFense

TRUE BLUE!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

this year i'm not as nervous as I was the previous times we've made it...
i have an unexplained calm & confidence about our boyz & proud 2 be a PANTHER FAN!

GO PANTHERS!!!

#11 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

I feel good also. I feel even better knowing that the Cowboys, Redskins, Patriots, Raiders, Buccnqueers and Ain'ts Fans are not feeling as good as we are. :party:

I feel great for the cowgirl fans,but think the Pat fans got a raw,shitty deal!

#12 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

I feel great for the cowgirl fans,but think the Pat fans got a raw,sh*tty deal!

Yeah, I'm by no means a Pats fan, but I couldn't help rooting for them with Matt Cassell under center. Cheater he may be, but what Bellicheck did for that team this year is amazing.

#13 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

Every Panther fan should feel good about this team. It amazes me how many people can't seem to do that, but would rather complain and call for people's heads when we just went 3-1 in the hardest part of the schedule and earned the #2 seed in the NFC. Wins are wins...you're not gonna blow everybody out, especially when you have to go on the road and play top 5 offenses in back to back weeks with half of your starting D-line missing.

#14 JungleCat

JungleCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

Yep. I said this team would go 12 and 4 back in July and here they are. I think they're good enough to bring the Lombardi home to Charlotte. :cheers2:

#15 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

My previous post was #89-HOORAH!!:thumbsup:

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com